Well My Week Sucked.....

General Biker Banter
8541Hawk

Well My Week Sucked.....

Post by 8541Hawk »

Need to catch up on the forum once again as I ended up spending this last week in the hospital.....

The bad part is I actually wish it was due to a bike accident but that is not the case.

I went in to get checked out due to some intestinal issues and then found out or was informed that I have cancer of the bladder. :thumbdown:

I had a biopsy done and the also removed around 80% of the mass but I still have a bit of a battle on my hands.

My next appointment is Mon with the Oncology people to see how things are going to be handled from here.

So in the big picture it's just another battle that I will not loose but it did hit me pretty hard that first day.

Ride when you can, each day is a gift and if I have been a bit crusty lately...well sorry but at least I have a good excuse......lol

Carry On :beer:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
simo

Re: Well My Week Sucked.....

Post by simo »

Hey that's bad news....is it linked to your post on drink and ice?
Hope you get through it. As you say a tough time to come.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
bikernut43

Post by bikernut43 »

that actually really sucks, but at least they have caught it, good luck man and swift recovery!
ImageImage
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

It's terrible whenever you hear this type of news, it affects a lot of people and I wish you all the best with your recovery and as you said please see it as a battle where your going to beat the hell out of it.

And by the way I kinda like your crusty attitude.. To me you just say what your thinking and not everyone does that.
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

gl_s_r wrote:It's terrible whenever you hear this type of news, it affects a lot of people and I wish you all the best with your recovery and as you said please see it as a battle where your going to beat the hell out of it.

And by the way I kinda like your crusty attitude.. To me you just say what your thinking and not everyone does that.
Could not of said it better .
Stay positive
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

Really bad news mate I got a major shock Friday morning call from my sister she's been in for a biopsy has to wait upto two bloody weeks for results horrible times take care of yourself mate and I agree totally guys enjoy every bloody day make sure your all well insured and live for today !!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mike that is not news I wanted to hear on a Sunday morning.

I wish you all the very best for a complete & full & speedy recovery.

Keep us all informed & don't be shy to come on here & moan about things if your feeling down.

Major vibes heading your way Dude. :Group Hug:

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

8541Hawk wrote:Need to catch up on the forum once again as I ended up spending this last week in the hospital.....

The bad part is I actually wish it was due to a bike accident but that is not the case.

I went in to get checked out due to some intestinal issues and then found out or was informed that I have cancer of the bladder. :thumbdown:

I had a biopsy done and the also removed around 80% of the mass but I still have a bit of a battle on my hands.

My next appointment is Mon with the Oncology people to see how things are going to be handled from here.

So in the big picture it's just another battle that I will not loose but it did hit me pretty hard that first day.

Ride when you can, each day is a gift and if I have been a bit crusty lately...well sorry but at least I have a good excuse......lol

Carry On :beer:

all the best and i totally agree with what you said about each day is a gift, i was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in Jan 2012( and nope never smoked) and i am now on the road to recovery after surgery, and major Chemo. Hit me hard but did 100% as i was told took a year but getting better each week. good luck and fight always!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

beat the hell out of it hawk, my mother has helped in the treatment of cancer sufferers, she tells me thatyou must have a positive state of mind.
i feel for you buddy and i wish you all the best, but you will win this battle..... :thumbup:

just remember cancer is on the left and your on the right....
:Ball Kick:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mike that is not news I wanted to hear on a Sunday morning.
+1

Sorry to hear that Mike, you have the right attitude and will win. It also never ceases to amaze me how amazing modern medical technology is. Like Mac said if you need a moan or bitch we are here for you. I did wonder why you was so quite on here recently.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

You will have good days, you will have bad days the main thing is to be positive and drive yourself forward to tomorrow and the next day and the day after that etc.

If your having a sh1t day get the bike out and make it a better day.

As was said before its good to be able to off load.

All the best fella!
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm really sorry to hear that Mike.
Life is something we all take for granted at times, but is very precious indeed.

Wishing you well in getting through this ordeal.

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

That not good news, wish you all the best.
On the plus side when you've recovered you'll be in for regular checks so if anything else rears it's ugly head they'll be on it like a shot :thumbup:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear your news Hawk. Good luck with the fight fella.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
macdee

Post by macdee »

sorry to hear this hawk
must have been a hell of a shock
i no your a fighter so keep on fighting and this will all be behind you :thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better