Looking forward to wombles people up on ps3 :lol:
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Jamoi

Re: call of duty ghost

Post by Jamoi »

I'll probably end up getting it, haven't heard much about it though.

I'll be making Womble mince of people on Xbox! :)
Jamie :wave:
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Jamoi wrote:I'll probably end up getting it, haven't heard much about it though.

I'll be making Womble mince of people on Xbox! :)
aghh shitbox user!

Doubt i'll go at midnight

The main game looks smart but the online i feel is little black op's :/ which i thought was sh1t
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

thumperslaw wrote: The main game looks smart but the online i feel is little black op's :/ which i thought was sh1t
Gonna try and objectively put my honest opinion of CoD here. hopefully I don't piss you off doing so, but it is one of the skills I've perfected to the point I don't realise when i'm doing it :wink: :lol:

The campaigns are brilliant, by all means. Good story, good characters (everyone loves Cpt. Price and Gaz etc) and very fleshed out, they're also done in ways that make it seem like a possibility which is interesting. Not something many games do, I feel like battlefield has terrible stories. Only FPS game I've found with a better storyline than CoD was Homefront, but that wasn't as big budget and the mechanics really let it down..

Online... Pretty much every CoD game since 4 has been identical, same mechanics (except the Dolphin Dive), same bullshit OP weapons, same tryhards, same idiots trying to use sniper rifles for quickscopes or noscopes or whatever stupid trend comes up to make them feel like they're legends and deserve a partnership on YouTube..

The marketing pisses me off just as much though.. if you watched the announcement they talked about completely new mechanics that have never been seen before.. Interesting right? Maybe CoD has redeemed itself! No, you can lean out of cover. Pretty sure I've been doing that since Timesplitters and stuff, and I played that on those huuuuge arcade machines when I was like 7... But of course, it's CoD! Everyone goes wild, lapping up every word like it's the truth. It's new to CoD maybe, but the concept has been around for a long time. Timesplitters wasn't the first to introduce it, iirc, and even if it was.. I didn't even ever play the first one..
There's also the fact that although a lot of people see CoD for what it is, it still gets record-breaking sales every year. Why? Because 12 year olds manage to get their hands on it for some stupid reason and every child alive has to own a copy.. It's a wombles 18 for christs' sake! When I was 12 I used to run around the humongous field outside the house with the dog or something, or go around on my bike or roller skates just pissing about with friends. Or I was playing runescape or doing homework.. And besides, one of your friends will get a copy. Which makes another one get it, etc. Eventually you have to get it or you'll only be playing on your own until February or whatever when they get bored of it.

Oh, final point. They've removed almost all skill from the game with the weapons, genuinely. If you go play a game like Planetside 2 (amazing game) you will get your ass handed to you because skill is required. By adding all sorts of things like extremely strong aim-assist, and blatantly OP and UP weapons, a ridiculous TTK and maps so small that you can't properly strategise they made it really hard to transfer to other FPS games.. Because you'll be quite bad at them and their mechanics, good marketing move but still a douchebag move overrall :lol: (Relevant)

Yes, I did a bad job at keeping that objective :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Virt wrote:
thumperslaw wrote: The main game looks smart but the online i feel is little black op's :/ which i thought was sh1t
Gonna try and objectively put my honest opinion of CoD here. hopefully I don't piss you off doing so, but it is one of the skills I've perfected to the point I don't realise when i'm doing it :wink: :lol:

The campaigns are brilliant, by all means. Good story, good characters (everyone loves Cpt. Price and Gaz etc) and very fleshed out, they're also done in ways that make it seem like a possibility which is interesting. Not something many games do, I feel like battlefield has terrible stories. Only FPS game I've found with a better storyline than CoD was Homefront, but that wasn't as big budget and the mechanics really let it down..

Online... Pretty much every CoD game since 4 has been identical, same mechanics (except the Dolphin Dive), same bullshit OP weapons, same tryhards, same idiots trying to use sniper rifles for quickscopes or noscopes or whatever stupid trend comes up to make them feel like they're legends and deserve a partnership on YouTube..

The marketing pisses me off just as much though.. if you watched the announcement they talked about completely new mechanics that have never been seen before.. Interesting right? Maybe CoD has redeemed itself! No, you can lean out of cover. Pretty sure I've been doing that since Timesplitters and stuff, and I played that on those huuuuge arcade machines when I was like 7... But of course, it's CoD! Everyone goes wild, lapping up every word like it's the truth. It's new to CoD maybe, but the concept has been around for a long time. Timesplitters wasn't the first to introduce it, iirc, and even if it was.. I didn't even ever play the first one..
There's also the fact that although a lot of people see CoD for what it is, it still gets record-breaking sales every year. Why? Because 12 year olds manage to get their hands on it for some stupid reason and every child alive has to own a copy.. It's a ferking 18 for christs' sake! When I was 12 I used to run around the humongous field outside the house with the dog or something, or go around on my bike or roller skates just pissing about with friends. Or I was playing runescape or doing homework.. And besides, one of your friends will get a copy. Which makes another one get it, etc. Eventually you have to get it or you'll only be playing on your own until February or whatever when they get bored of it.

Oh, final point. They've removed almost all skill from the game with the weapons, genuinely. If you go play a game like Planetside 2 (amazing game) you will get your ass handed to you because skill is required. By adding all sorts of things like extremely strong aim-assist, and blatantly OP and UP weapons, a ridiculous TTK and maps so small that you can't properly strategise they made it really hard to transfer to other FPS games.. Because you'll be quite bad at them and their mechanics, good marketing move but still a douchebag move overrall :lol: (Relevant)

Yes, I did a bad job at keeping that objective :lol:
you have far to much time on your hands
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

Oh yes :lol:
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

i tried so hard to read it all but got bored after the first 30 seconds
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

Fair enough, I don't actually blame you.. :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:D :D

I think I just wet myself! I reckon 90% of COD players wouldn't understand what you've just written Virt! But I mostly agree, the thing that pisses me off are the online "fad legends" that sit in the same place, no-scoping or whatever the latest trend is, probably with a video camera pointed at the TV!

I'm just bitter, as I fail online :(

Thumper, I really like the look of the new Playstation over 'Xbox one', I may be persuaded by the dark side in the new year... :)
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Ps4 looks good
I may have a look at getting one I think
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamoi wrote::D :D

I think I just wet myself! I reckon 90% of COD players wouldn't understand what you've just written Virt! But I mostly agree, the thing that pisses me off are the online "fad legends" that sit in the same place, no-scoping or whatever the latest trend is, probably with a video camera pointed at the TV!
:lol: It's the fact that they spend ages trying to get this one '360-ladder-stall-fakie-weapon switch-bounce-no scope' across the map and think "WOO YEAH I'M AMAZING". When it's taken them like 500 attempts to actually get that shot to work as it's all luck and no skill :lol:

In fairness the quickscoping crap isn't bad, each to their own, and at least it requires skill to pull it off properly :p unlike trick shotting and whatever
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

I just spray 'n pray
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

thumperslaw wrote:I just spray 'n pray
Same here! My grenades usually bounce of some random object and take me out also!

Looks like I'm going to be busy with my bike soon so might not be on the Box much... Until I run out of funds! :( :D :( :D
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Nothing wrong with spray 'n pray

only nerd gamers (virt) get's upset about it..
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

:D That's me