Hi Guys/Gals,

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Mav617

Hi Guys/Gals,

Post by Mav617 »

Hello one and all. Picking up my Firestorm on Sunday (black 1999 model), so maybe a bit previous here. Not having even sat on the bike yet, and being only 5' 6" will I fit alright or will I be cranking over to get a foot down at the traffic lights?

Not ridden a big bike for some years, my last bike was only a little SZR660, and that was a few years back now. Mis-spent years prior on all kinds of strokers and then FZR600s, 1000 Exups etc. Hope the low speed handling is nice and predictable or might not get home on Sunday in one piece!!

First ride is bringing her back, so it's around 250 miles (mainly motorway) to get used to her (and all the staff at the various petrol stations on the M3/M40/M42/M6).

Rog.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bsabloke

Re: Hi Guys/Gals,

Post by bsabloke »

sounds like you are heading to the midlands, with your steed. where are you located? & welcome to the mad house
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Welcome Bsabloke....enjoy the ride back on your storm.....good choice too :thumbup:
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Oops sorry Mav... :redface
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers chris
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

Mav617 wrote:. Hope the low speed handling is nice and predictable or might not get home on Sunday in one piece!!
Welcome aboard Mav. I had concerns about riding my bike back home for the first time having had a break from bikes for a while and was pleasantly surprised how quickly I took to it. Whilst I find the Firestorm is quite a beast when you wrench the throttle wide open I also find it a nice and docile machine at the other end of the scale. Mine handles very well at low speed and I can creep along at a snails pace in heavy traffic, only putting my feet down when coming to a complete halt.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Welcome m8tey .. yes you'll soon be in the swing of things and be a
Honda Firestorm pyschopath in next to no time at all and fit in well here....

psychsopath ..clinical definition ..

The study of the psychopath reveals an individual who is incapable of feeling guilt, remorse or empathy for their actions. They are generally cunning, manipulative and know the difference between right and wrong but dismiss it as applying to them. :o

well Guilt ..I am speeding I know I am guilty... Remorse ..I am not sorry whatsoever for doing this speed...Empathy..I dont care what other individuals think or care....Cunning ... well whats the quickest/fastest route to take I will go there..... Manipulative .. Yep I can do that route no problems....and can make this.... Right and Wrong ..yeah I know the law... whats right and wrong but it doesnt effect me I'll ignore it a bit ..will not get caught

Oh by the way you cannot plead insanity as a defence to speeding.. ah well not to worry m8tey

Welcome to the Madhouse ...loads of knowlegable fine fellows here Enjoy your Honda Firestom :thumbup:

har har :D
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

bsabloke wrote:sounds like you are heading to the midlands, with your steed. where are you located? & welcome to the mad house
Hi mate,

located a bit north of your good self, Northwich, the rough part of Cheshire lol
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Hello and welcome :D . I'm a short butt mate and manage fine and she just as sweet to ride in town as anywhere else :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
darkember

Post by darkember »

Hi there & welcome. Your height you will find is ideal, no leg, knee, back pain. You may find holding you head up tiring as the standard setup made my view through the top 2 inches of my visor which is always dirty due to the silicon used to seal the lid, hence I did a riser conversion. Depending on tuning setup town traffic can be ok. Standard you should find it fine keeping it in the right gear. The more it's tuned the less it will like to go slow :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the madhouse / old people's home
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate, enjoy the bike :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy........ :wave:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome in mate :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.