APRILIA SL1000 FALCO

General Bike chat
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: APRILIA SL1000 FALCO

Post by firestorm_al »

I used to have one. One of the best bikes I owned. Quite docile at low rpm but it has a sort of power band that kicks in mid way through the rev range and nearly caught me out a few times. A very capable bike and, I'm sorry to say, better than the Storm in almost every respect. Very easy to ride but that has its down side.

I would definitely NOT recommend one for someone who is new to riding. I reluctantly traded mine is as I felt that the bike was taking me for a ride and I would probably end up in prison or in a box.

If your mate is a Vulcan he may get away with it but I didn't have that level of self control back then.
Al.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

firestorm_al wrote:I used to have one. One of the best bikes I owned. Quite docile at low rpm but it has a sort of power band that kicks in mid way through the rev range and nearly caught me out a few times. A very capable bike and, I'm sorry to say, better than the Storm in almost every respect. Very easy to ride but that has its down side.

I would definitely NOT recommend one for someone who is new to riding. I reluctantly traded mine is as I felt that the bike was taking me for a ride and I would probably end up in prison or in a box.

If your mate is a Vulcan he may get away with it but I didn't have that level of self control back then.
Al.
Agreed, it's a different beast to the VTR, and has a lot more umph at the mid to top, so it's not the best bike for a beginner...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Nice bike that Aprila Falco .. but has he considered the latest Triumph Daytona they
look real good and are excellent value at the mo he would definitely get a test ride on one from a
dealer .plenty of dealers out there... try b4 you buy, why not.. just a thought
:thumbup:
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

firestorm_al wrote:I used to have one. One of the best bikes I owned. Quite docile at low rpm but it has a sort of power band that kicks in mid way through the rev range and nearly caught me out a few times. A very capable bike and, I'm sorry to say, better than the Storm in almost every respect. Very easy to ride but that has its down side.

Al.
I haven't try this bike, but it doe's sound much like the TL1000 temperament, not for the faint of heart and probably even more so.
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

it was what i was after before i got the storm, it was just a bit more expensive and parts were'nt cheep but I still want one if im honest
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
popkat

Post by popkat »

NHSH wrote:
I haven't try this bike, but it doe's sound much like the TL1000 temperament, not for the faint of heart and probably even more so.
Not at all, the Falco was a bike that functioned properly and had good suspension, unlike the TL that didn't.

Oh and the large number plate hold iirc simply unbolts so can be very easily replaced with a tail tidy.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s