good/bad vibrations

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
marty b

good/bad vibrations

Post by marty b »

can anyone set my mind at rest, I put the original cans back on at the weekend , they haven't been on it since Ive had it , the person I got it from fitted laser cans and ive been running with them up until now but boy are they loud, I had it put on a dyno about a year ago and had it jetted to suit as it was running a bit rich and kept stalling unexpectedly at tick over , now my question is im getting vibrations through the footpegs around 6000rpm any ideas why and could I be causing any damage :?: :?: :?
tony.mon

Re: good/bad vibrations

Post by tony.mon »

Have you got the can straps fitted half way up the cans, or down towards the front?
Too far forward will allow the cans to move.

Secondly, have you got the link pipes bolted onto the footrests?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds like the cans are not fitted right and the mounts are fighting each other and the rubber isolator a are being over powered.

Slacken everything off from the headers connecting clamps and the tail pipes and get everything realigned before tightening up gently from front to back and then forward to the front again
AMcQ
marty b

Post by marty b »

hi tony
the hangers were already attached to the cans so had no reason to think they should go any other way , there was also a short bolt that looked like it fitted to the footrest assembly, did I get it wrong by bolting them there :?
Watty

Post by Watty »

Because it was dyno'd and jetted to suit the cans that have been removed could this have affected fueling in any way creating engine vibration? :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
marty b

Post by marty b »

just thought ....should the bolts that secure the to the footrests have had rubbers in them??? ...if so does anyone know where I can get some :oops: :)
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Nope - no rubbers. Just for a comparison I don't have the left link pipe on mine bolted up and I have no problem with vibration.

Maybe your new exhaust set up has a peculiar sympathetic resonance….

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good point jazz and goes along with what watty said. If you don't find the issue with the way the exhaust is mounted then at least give the carbs a balance. I would do as AMCQ suggested first. Loosen everything up, give it a wiggle and jiggle, make sure everything lines up nicely and then tighten everything back up again.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside