What brand of bike do you dislike?

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: What brand of bike do you dislike?

Post by VTRDark »

I'm with you on that one Pete :thumbup: Mopeds drive me nuts, especially the Italian style riders, riding two up like they are riding around Rome. I had one sitting at the lights next to me one day and he got his mobile phone out to text while sitting at the lights 8O Haven't a clue about their surroundings and hog the road.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I hate the bikes that give you crabs

They looked so nice in the pub :lol: :lol: :lol:
ging500

Post by ging500 »

I can honest say that I don't prejudged people on the bikes they drive!! There generally Muppets on all sttles of bikes!! Sorry to say, most of these idiots gravitate to sports bikes and normally the latest ones!!

Bikes I currently dislike are Harleys (with the exception of boulivard cruising in America) they just dont interest me and whilst the world has progressed Harley haven't!!

In not a big tourer fan, once again not interested in having an arm chair on wheels ie goldwing!!

I like big trailles but I'm short in leg hence the dislike (jealousy!!)

All other bikes are pretty acceptable!!.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Twats with lovely modded bikes but can't ride shite for toffee! i often go to Poole bike night and theirs a guy there that had an immaculate Gixer 1000 and he brings it in a van and rides it 400 yds His Immaculate Dianesse leathers have never seen a fly!!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

When I first started biking in 1987, everyone on a bike seemed to nod at each other - now no-one seems to, since the "recreational" bikers started appearing on their brand new litre sportbikes, acting as though they were above the guys on smaller tackle who could generally ride better as they'd worked their way up the ladder. Any biker who wouldn't stop to help a fellow biker is the kind I dislike, the bike they're on at the time is irrelevant.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Watty

Post by Watty »

bigtwinthing wrote:Twats with lovely modded bikes but can't ride shite for toffee! i often go to Poole bike night and theirs a guy there that had an immaculate Gixer 1000 and he brings it in a van and rides it 400 yds His Immaculate Dianesse leathers have never seen a fly!!!!
:wtf: is that all about 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

bigtwinthing wrote:Twats with lovely modded bikes but can't ride shite for toffee!
I'll get my coat... :lol: :lol:
Jamie :wave:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Some people just like biking because they think it makes them look cool.

I've said it before, but I know someone that has a bike and no license (not even a CBT). He doesn't ride it ever, thankfully. He just thinks that posting pictures of "his" bike on facebook makes him look cooler, I think it's pretty funny to be honest, but I also kind of pity him. Not once have I ever thought anything like that about biking.. It's like programming for me, it's just a hobby. I enjoy it, wombles what everyone else thinks.. Regardless of if it's good or bad.

As for bikers I dislike, it's the ones who ride and give everyone the general impression that we're all lunatics and that we shouldn't be on the road. Blasting down the motorway in shorts and t-shirts on litre bikes or whatever, or those that think their bike is better than yours and so they're a better person. A bike is a bike, I couldn't care less whether you ride a GSXR1300 or a CG125. If you're a decent person, I won't mind you. Force any self-rightousness down my throat and I don't like you, simple right? :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i try to take everything on a level basis and don't make pre - judgement so much now

ive met so many different types of bikers over the years

my dad i would say was a born again biker had a load of bikes in his youth but he's not stereotypical in that he doesn't wear one piece leathers, will wake up early and will ride to Scotland and back on his own, rides like an absolute demon everything bar town roads is seemingly gotta be done in an urgency (which pisses me off no end as i fear for his life sometimes) hates blingy bits, uses every last bit of the tire wall but he only goes out on nice days which is probably what i would only do if i had the choice as its always 100% better in he summer sun

on the other hand i know some older guys that just enjoy a sunday tootle on there immaculate 600 or 1000 race rep getting dressed up like there 20 somthing year old racing hero's and why not if that's what you like then go for it init, so long as they they are having fun and getting out there

i dislike new bikers like i once was, you know nob heads that think they know it all, tw@ it past you in a 30 and 40 zone thinking they are gods gift, making daft over takes, and thinking they are indestructible 70mph wheelies through the lights, getting it up on one wheel at every opportunity to show off to people,

there has been a few occasions last year where if i had been young me riding i would have been dead, as had i been giving it the beans over a crest i would have hit the car making an overtake where he shouldn't have, with age i've grown up mentally and wont take risks now and calculate everything

i now try to take it slower and just enjoy the ride and not find my self having to get from A - B like its gotta be done now now now ill pick overtakes carefully, im glad the DAS has been raised to 24 as im surprised i made it to that age when i first started riding

most 16 year old scooter boys are a danger their road position is shocking and they seem to make it game to see how close to the car in front they can ride?

Vloggers - often these tend to get my back up as they are not paying full attention to whats going on pissing about playing upto the camera or trying to antagonize car users so it looks good on film for there young fans which then think this is acceptable behaviors of a biker

Cafe brand snobs - you know the onces you turn up on your own on your bike a little dirty after a ride wearing your jeans and a jacket
They stare you down as you get off the bike and take off your helmet see you are not wearing alpinestars leathers and eyeball wombles you along with there mates making you feel awkward (if you want to experience this stop of at rivington barn on your own for a quick coffee before heading back home)

As for brands i wouldn't say there are any i really have a dislike for , i would own a bike from every brand im not a fan of Harley tho purely because of the riding position when i tried one, it was wombles horrible like trying to ride an armchair down the road and the brakes... don't go there!

regretted letting the Harley guy have a go on my gixxer i said don't get me a ticket take it easy, yeah yeah raaaaaaaaaaap raaaaaaaaaaaaaap comes back 15 mins later wow that's wombles fast! spent the next few weeks worrying about a ticket

Suzuki tho i probably wouldn't get another just on the cheep build quality and finish but i wouldn't say i dislike the brand for that made to a price and sold as such often cheaper than the competators so corners have to be cut somewhere
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
ging500

Post by ging500 »

seb421 wrote:i try to take everything on a level basis and don't make pre - judgement so much now

my dad i would say was a born again biker had a load of bikes in his youth but he's not stereotypical in that he doesn't wear one piece leathers, will wake up early and will ride to Scotland and back on his own, rides like an absolute demon everything bar town roads is seemingly gotta be done in an urgency (which pisses me off no end as i fear for his life sometimes) hates blingy bits, uses every last bit of the tire wall but he only goes out on nice days which is probably what i would only do if i had the choice as its always 100% better in he summer sun

on the other hand i know some older guys that just enjoy a sunday tootle on there immaculate 600 or 1000 race rep getting dressed up like there 20 somthing year old racing hero's and why not if that's what you like then go for it init, so long as they they are having fun and getting out there

i dislike new bikers like i once was, you know nob heads that think they know it all, tw@ it past you in a 30 and 40 zone thinking they are gods gift, making daft over takes, and thinking they are indestructible 70mph wheelies through the lights, getting it up on one wheel at every opportunity to show off to people,

there has been a few occasions last year where if i had been young me riding i would have been dead, as had i been giving it the beans over a crest i would have hit the car making an overtake where he shouldn't have, with age i've grown up mentally and wont take risks now and calculate everything

i now try to take it slower and just enjoy the ride and not find my self having to get from A - B like its gotta be done now now now ill pick overtakes carefully, im glad the DAS has been raised to 24 as im surprised i made it to that age when i first started riding

most 16 year old scooter boys are a danger their road position is shocking and they seem to make it game to see how close to the car in front they can ride?

Vloggers - often these tend to get my back up as they are not paying full attention to whats going on pissing about playing upto the camera or trying to antagonize car users so it looks good on film for there young fans which then think this is acceptable behaviors of a biker

Cafe brand snobs - you know the onces you turn up on your own on your bike a little dirty after a ride wearing your jeans and a jacket
They stare you down as you get off the bike and take off your helmet see you are not wearing alpinestars leathers and eyeball wombles you along with there mates making you feel awkward (if you want to experience this stop of at rivington barn on your own for a quick coffee before heading back home)

As for brands i wouldn't say there are any i really have a dislike for , i would own a bike from every brand im not a fan of Harley tho purely because of the riding position when i tried one, it was ferking horrible like trying to ride an armchair down the road and the brakes... don't go there!

regretted letting the Harley guy have a go on my gixxer i said don't get me a ticket take it easy, yeah yeah raaaaaaaaaaap raaaaaaaaaaaaaap comes back 15 mins later wow that's wombles fast! spent the next few weeks worrying about a ticket

Suzuki tho i probably wouldn't get another just on the cheep build quality and finish but i wouldn't say i dislike the brand for that made to a price and sold as such often cheaper than the competators so corners have to be cut somewhere
I agree with the Suzuki build quality, however the rest of the jap bikes are really trying hard to lower there standards to suzukis!! New Honda dont have half the build quality the did 15 years ago!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

seb421 wrote:i try to take everything on a level basis and don't make pre - judgement so much now

As for brands i wouldn't say there are any i really have a dislike for , i would own a bike from every brand im not a fan of Harley tho purely because of the riding position when i tried one, it was ferking horrible like trying to ride an armchair down the road and the brakes... don't go there!

Totally agree on the brand snobs Seb. Also new bike snobs! I'm not the most confident person in the world especially on the bike, don't have a new bike or all the fancy top quality gear, so the last thing I need is knobs looking down their nose at me like a piece of shite :(
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

I agree with the Suzuki build quality, however the rest of the jap bikes are really trying hard to lower there standards to suzukis!! New Honda dont have half the build quality the did 15 years ago!!
I read an article, I think it was on Visordown that suggested the best year when bikes were at the pinnacle of build quality was 1998.
geodude

Post by geodude »

A bikes a bike. Engine, no engine. Big engine small engine it don't matter to me. I can have just as much fun on a honda vision as I could on a Tuono. It's how you ride it that makes it fun, not what you ride imo.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

geodude wrote:A bikes a bike. Engine, no engine. Big engine small engine it don't matter to me. I can have just as much fun on a honda vision as I could on a Tuono. It's how you ride it that makes it fun, not what you ride imo.
Amen to dat me bred'ren :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
adyf

Post by adyf »

To tell the truth you should be riding a Honda vision geo ,cos ya can't stay on the bloody aprillia me old mate!lol,ady.