David vs Goliath

General Biker Banter
ging500

David vs Goliath

Post by ging500 »

If anyone loves a bit of a British underdog taking on a German brute you need to watch this.

[youtube][/youtube]
ging500

Re: David vs Goliath

Post by ging500 »

Also the guy in the Caterham is pushing so hard he gets of the tarmac in a few, very quick places!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

That was awesome! My heart skipped a few beats throughout the lap. I've done quite a few trackdays in a Westfield and they're not forgiving cars when they go light at speed!

Me in westy:
Last edited by Jamoi on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nice battle that was and you could tell the cateram ! Was pushing hard to pull away after every overtake maybe a little to hard and when he got away he settled down and left him for dust !!

Thanks for posting that clip very enjoyable to watch :thumbup:
ging500

Post by ging500 »

lloydie wrote:Nice battle that was and you could tell the cateram ! Was pushing hard to pull away after every overtake maybe a little to hard and when he got away he settled down and left him for dust !!

Thanks for posting that clip very enjoyable to watch :thumbup:
Well like 95% of what I watch on youtube ground breaking but every now and then you find a gem!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Your telling me there's some bits that make you jump. If I needed a new pair of pants watching it I dread to think what he needed to change 8O
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

ging500 wrote:If anyone loves a bit of a British underdog taking on a German brute you need to watch this.

[youtube][/youtube]
Sorry to break it too you, but it wasn't even a fight to begin with... The guy in the Caterham is going balls to the walls, over driving the tires and suspension good and properly, taking whatever he can out of his car, proper driving ... The Porsche wasn't even pushing before the first overtake, just cruising, look at the lines... And once overtaken, he tries to make a fight out of it... But, he's plain and simple an inexperienced driver in a much, much faster car... Dreadful lines, out braking himself, and generally not using the grip available in the corners, so only chasing in the straights... A proper driver in the Porsche and the outcome would have been reversed, I can promise you that...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
ging500

Post by ging500 »

I looked at the costs if you crash on the nurbergring!! Lets say I won't be driving around!! Perhaps pay for a drive around in a fast car!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

The Porsche gave up the ghost after Wipperman I reckon.

I have the lap record at the ring......unnoficial slowest lap, in a 1999 2.5D ex BT transit.

Still got the tyres sqealing though, and I did overtake a bike going into the right hander just after Flugplatz, albeit briefly. :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i was totally thrashed when i went on my R! with four others by a VW Camper!!! it did have 2 flat 4 engines in mind but wow was it good to watch. A guy binned his MV Agusta and the bill while the ring was shut cost him 3000 euros until it was opened again. that was in 2008.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have the lap record at the ring......unnoficial slowest lap, in a 1999 2.5D ex BT transit.
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: That fantastic!!!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Its has a Ford engine in it, so it isnt exactley American.