Side light and odometer not working shorted

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Side light and odometer not working shorted

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Got the rear brake light and foot brake switch working on the left, but I must have shorted something cus the side lights and odometer and dash illumination all not working now has anyone got any ideas i've checkted the main fuses seems ok, are there any other fuses for those circuits ?? The bike starts indicators work etc main beams work and pass work, i'm at a miff :P :)
VTRDark

Re: Side light and odometer not working shorted

Post by VTRDark »

working on the left
:confused

The only fuses you have are by the battery unless someone has put in-line fuses in. Start with checking the bulbs are not blown.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Bulbs are ok fuses are ok, must be something else stopping the side lights / odometer and dial lights etc from working. Indicators, brake ligths main and pass beams all work, the bike starts ok, horn works just the rest not lighting up, have to admit the wiring damn is a complete mess, fix one thing and something else goes lol. Trying to get the bike up read for sale.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Seven Of Nine Firestorm wrote:Bulbs are ok fuses are ok, must be something else stopping the side lights / odometer and dial lights etc from working. Indicators, brake ligths main and pass beams all work, the bike starts ok, horn works just the rest not lighting up, have to admit the wiring damn is a complete mess, fix one thing and something else goes lol. Trying to get the bike up read for sale.
Might be a bit much both cost & effort but if the wiring is so bad why not swap the loom ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Thats a good point how much would a new loom be tho ? If I can fix it with out paying any extra then that would be better for me. Need to find the old trusted multi meter and run over it lol. Bike will be going back to standard soon and up for sale cheap if anyone is looking for a project.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Seven Of Nine Firestorm wrote:Thats a good point how much would a new loom be tho ? If I can fix it with out paying any extra then that would be better for me. Need to find the old trusted multi meter and run over it lol. Bike will be going back to standard soon and up for sale cheap if anyone is looking for a project.
E-bay unless anyone has one on here.

Of course if you can trace the fault all the more the better.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Try taking off and cleaning the earth connection on the back of the clocks. If all of those are out, the only thing they share is a common earth.
They corrode due to condensation.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have a spare loom, by the way.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Thanks for the comments peeps Tony might take you up on the offer for that loom :)