Virt

Re: spot the bike

Post by Virt »

The alternative!

Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mmm I'm not saying you can't get a situation like that but how often do you see a rider turned into greyscale. Nice bit of Photoshoping with that image me thinks. It don't look natural and has some sort of cross processing filter. The lighting just does not look right to me.

Adverts like that should be more simplistic and realistic, maybe someone blinded by Sun in their eyes, a situation everyone can relate to and know is real. Why fake road safety, the majority of people are more intelligent than that and faking it is not getting the right message out there.

Yep that image is totally fake. I'd even go as far to say the shadow of the tree in the road and the skidmarks are fake and have been added in afterwards. Look carefully at the image from right to left and you can see the Magenta starting in the bushes a above the road sign to Cyan then onto the rider/trees which look more Greyscale or Duplexed colours, then across the road onto a little more Cyan, Magenta and then onto the Yellows. Come back down the wall on that side and there has been some low contrast mistyness put in to take your attention elsewhere just like the skidmarks. The art of images.....focus points,,,,,,control the viewers eye and take you on a tour!!!!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

macdee wrote:http://i.imgur.com/LuMbGwD.jpg
shite
how do i get a photo up i copy and put it between the img but still no pic
No you didn't :lol: try again using the IMG tags, not the URL ones :shh:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Mmm I'm not saying you can't get a situation like that but how often do you see a rider turned into greyscale. Nice bit of Photoshoping with that image me thinks. It don't look natural and has some sort of cross processing filter. The lighting just does not look right to me.

Adverts like that should be more simplistic and realistic, maybe someone blinded by Sun in their eyes, a situation everyone can relate to and know is real. Why fake road safety, the majority of people are more intelligent than that and faking it is not getting the right message out there.

Yep that image is totally fake. I'd even go as far to say the shadow of the tree in the road and the skidmarks are fake and have been added in afterwards. Look carefully at the image from right to left and you can see the Magenta starting in the bushes a above the road sign to Cyan then onto the rider/trees which look more Greyscale or Duplexed colours, then across the road onto a little more Cyan, Magenta and then onto the Yellows. Come back down the wall on that side and there has been some low contrast mistyness put in to take your attention elsewhere just like the skidmarks. The art of images.....focus points,,,,,,control the viewers eye and take you on a tour!!!!

Yes & if you look really really hard at the top right among the tree branches you can see the Alien Mothership with it's anti tin foil hat penetrating tractor beam... :wink:

TBH if that's a current ad campaign its rubbish as its now summer & the trees will be in full leaf mode, the sun will be at a different angle & much stronger so the lighting conditions will be much different.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Maybe but it clearly shows how easily we bikers can be missed if you don't take the time to have a good look .
Moocher

Post by Moocher »

I know I'm a slow old fart but what I took from the photo is this: If I came over a humped bridge like this I'd probably want to have the slow sign in the road on the approach side of the bridge. I'd probably be landing on the sign in it's current position.
Although looking again the photo might well be out of perspective. Whatever.

Just goes to show that the trees need to be cut down. That or we all wear PINK. Nah! where's my axe?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: it clearly shows how easily we bikers can be missed if you don't take the time to have a good look .
+ 1

IMHO I don't think it matters so much about whether it's a genuine shot or not (sorry Carl), lets face it many motorists won't even read it, let alone study the photo. My thoughts are, if it makes one or two (hopefully more) motorists more aware of motorcyclists on the road, then it was/is a success,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The best thing we have is the beware bikers or beware of the biker signs. I think these made a big difference in the rider hot spots when they introduced them. You always seem to get drivers move over a bit to let you pass on roads like that.

Yeh maybe I look a bit too deeply into images, I can't help it and it comes naturally to me. :lol:

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Talk us through this road safety image Carl ;)

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: Lovin the fluorescent croks. Looks like jimmy savvile in the 2nd one.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:The best thing we have is the beware bikers or beware of the biker signs. I think these made a big difference in the rider hot spots when they introduced them. You always seem to get drivers move over a bit to let you pass on roads like that.

Yeh maybe I look a bit too deeply into images, I can't help it and it comes naturally to me. :lol:

That to me is a better sign.
Being into photography I'm inclined to be picky about photo's too, especially rubbish ones sellers use in their Ebay listings :lol:
Wicky wrote:Talk us through this road safety image Carl ;)

:lol: :lol:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Daft name for a bike, if you ask me. Alright for a dog, I suppose.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.