Scarlett's Back

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
2wheelsagain

Scarlett's Back

Post by 2wheelsagain »

So its winter here in Australia but us serious riders still ride :mrgreen:
I've just got my Storm back from having a long list of mods/repairs done and I couldnt help going for a lap around town during my lunch break.
Scarlett now has fully rebuilt carbies including diaphragms which after a lot of head scratching and trial and error turned out to be the cause of the low throttle surge.
In the carbies is a stage 1 Dynojet kit #48 pilots and #180/185 mains.
She has a new petcock kit and CBR954 callipers and braided lines. Black radiator grills and a general clean up including repainting the callipers, forks and disc carriers.
I’ll be taking to the rear fender soon. I put the Delkavics on a couple of months ago and recently had the chin spoiler painted.
This bike now goes and stops very well. It’s not as fast as my Bandit 1250 but it’s better balanced. The pull from 6,000rpm is fantastic. I’m happy.
I’ve over capitalised by 2k but hey it’s a keeper now and it was never going to be an “investment”.
Here’s a couple of photos taken at lunch time today.
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~
lloydie

Re: Scarlett's Back

Post by lloydie »

Looks good :thumbup: .
Now when you say "it's winter over here"
Just how cold is it ?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Looks good :thumbup: .
Now when you say "it's winter over here"
Just how cold is it ?

probably only 23 degs :lol:

Looks nice, does it have more grunt than the Bandit? and i hope it handles better.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Your bike is looking great 8) I like the photo's :thumbup:

Out of interest where was the 1250 Bandit better :?:

Chris.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

2wheelsagain, that chin spoiler looks familiar!!

Your bike is looking good, how are the pipes?

I bet the brakes are Much better!!

Chop the rear fender and it will look much better!

Which bike do you ride the most?

Good to see the Storm looking so good, keep us up to date on what you do with her. :beer: :beer: :beer:

By the way our cold here is a lot different to Old Blighty, but the other night I went for a ride on an 848 I have been working on and had 4 layers of gear on. It was 11 degrees and I froze me nuts off!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

Yesterday's ride to work was 4 deg c which is cool enough :)
Was 2c today but I have gym tonight and extra gear means I drive on gym days :(

Thanks all. :thumbup:

I love the Delkavics. At 350mm its not a deep note like the longer Yoshi's or other cans but she has a real upper range bark :)
On the Bandit v Storm question. Its a tough one. They're so different and thats why I got the V2. The Bandit is faster I have no doubt about that and in a top gear roll on from 100km/h the Bandit would be out of sight before the Storm got going. In a drag race the storm would be in front until 180ish and thats mainly from taller 1st and 2nd gearing (Bandit 1st is way too short). Point to point the Storm is quicker but a 1000km day would see me choose the Bandit every time.
Scarlett now stretches my arms from 6000rpm in all but top gear (understandable) and she now stops with 1 finger on the leaver.
The Storm is about 50kg less than the Bandit and with more hp (unknown amount but probably around 112hp at the wheel) but you just can’t beat that loco engine in the B1250.
Both bikes get used a few times a week. No favorites in my garage :biggrin
Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

2wheelsagain wrote:

I love the Delkavics. At 350mm its not a deep note like the longer Yoshi's or other cans but she has a real upper range bark :)
On the Bandit v Storm question. Its a tough one. They're so different and thats why I got the V2. The Bandit is faster I have no doubt about that and in a top gear roll on from 100km/h the Bandit would be out of site before the Storm got going. In a drag race the storm would be in front until 180ish and thats mainly from taller 1st and 2nd gearing (Bandit 1st is way too short). Point to point the Storm is quicker but a 1000km day would see me choose the Bandit every time.
Scarlett now stretches my arms from 6000rpm in all but top gear (understandable) and she now stops with 1 finger on the leaver.
The Storm is about 50kg less than the Bandit and with more hp (unknown amount but probably around 112hp at the wheel) but you just can’t beat that loco engine in the B1250.
Interesting to hear what you have to say on the B1250. I was inquisitive simply as I nearly got a Suzuki Bandit myself, that was until test rode my Storm. Mind you that was the 1200 Bandit not the 1250.

Chris.
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

sirch345 wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:

On the Bandit v Storm question. Its a tough one. They're so different and thats why I got the V2. The Bandit is faster I have no doubt about that and in a top gear roll on from 100km/h the Bandit would be out of site before the Storm got going. In a drag race the storm would be in front until 180ish and thats mainly from taller 1st and 2nd gearing (Bandit 1st is way too short). Point to point the Storm is quicker but a 1000km day would see me choose the Bandit every time.
Interesting to hear what you have to say on the B1250. I was inquisitive simply as I nearly got a Suzuki Bandit myself, that was until test rode my Storm. Mind you that was the 1200 Bandit not the 1250.

Chris.
Mate the 1250 is a different beast to the 1200. 90% of torque available at 3300rpm with peak torque at about 7500rpm. Thats why I say the Bandit would be out of sight before the Storm got going in a top gear roll on test. I have the best of both worlds :thumbup:

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

2wheelsagain wrote: Mate the 1250 is a different beast to the 1200.
Yes I gathered that :) When I was considering the 1200 Bandit the 1250 was only on the drawing board, if that :problem: :)

Chris.