what tyres

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
minibreaker

what tyres

Post by minibreaker »

i have at the minute dunlops but would like a stickier tyre what would you lot advise i do comute but i also ride hard when im not comuting maybe a bt21 or the like
Ckennedy

Re: what tyres

Post by Ckennedy »

Michelin pr2 are a good tyre for grip and commuting. A lot of people on here like them. Pr1's offer a longer life (12k miles from mine) but the feel from the tyre isn't quite there. I'm sure other will have suggestions

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pr2s for me .
I normally have pilot power 2ct but the pr2s feel better and work in the wet too
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Another vote for the PR2... I doubt you will be able to ride hard enough to find there limit on the roads.

Lloydie and I have traded and we can't get them to misbehave :D :evil:
AMcQ
kitsun

Post by kitsun »

minibreaker wrote:i have at the minute dunlops but would like a stickier tyre what would you lot advise i do comute but i also ride hard when im not comuting maybe a bt21 or the like

I use Metzeler M5 Interact. Great tyre and managed a 45 degree lean angles on it

Kit
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Dunlop Sportsmart :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
borracho

Post by borracho »

Hi Borracho here and I am a new member living in Brisbane ,in the great land down under with a Prime Minister who was born in the U.K. and looks and walks like he has a whole corn-cob stuck in a very critical part of his anatomy, usually reserved for expelling waste from the body. With that said I can only say that My 2005 Firestorm has Bridgestone Battlax' BT 023 multi-compound on back and front; and as hard as I try on some very crappy road surfaces at speeds well in excess of the legal limit they only dig in deeper if I really squeeze the juice in the Apex of the corner to make the exit these amazing bikes are so renowned for. I am going to admit I simply do not know what is wrong with the average Aussie Sport-Bike rider who will shell out some serious $$$ for a new R1 because it will do 300kph,who has the bottle and where are the municipal roads to make a bike a valid investment for the daily street ride most of us are relegated to,oh and the dudes who pay extra to buy a new Blade with Repsol livery,what a maroon,as Popeye would say. That all.Adios
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I was thinking of trying some Croks on the bike next. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
thunderbolt

Post by thunderbolt »

For me, also in OZ - it's Pilot Power 3s for me. Massive grip.
Cheers
Don

Bikes:
1977 Suzuki GS550/700 - modified significantly
1981 Moto Guzzi 850 T4
1990 Suzuki VX800
2003 Honda Firestorm VTR1000