where does this hose go?

General Biker Banter
Jscobey

where does this hose go?

Post by Jscobey »

lol ive been doing alot of work swapping parts over between bikes and i cant remember where this goes? its a long 3 peice T hose that goes from the tank and then T's off and goes down to the bottom as a vent line i guess but i cant figure out where the 3rd end goes.

heres the hose, and it connects to the tank to the little nipple on the left

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Re: where does this hose go?

Post by VTRDark »

The tank vent/breather and the overflow are individual lines that run down the side ending around the gene cover.
http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... er#p339888

That line you have in the top pic looks like the tank vacuum to me. One end to the petcock (I don't have to mention side nipple do I :wink: ), and the other end goes to the take off near rear carb inlet rubber/cylinder head, then the other end is there to be capped off ready for use with vacuum gagues for carb balancing/sync :thumbup:

(:-})
Last edited by VTRDark on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

I'd have said it runs from the petcock ( vacuum pipe ) to the vacuum take off on the rear cylinder.The piece that is tee'd off is for carb balancing!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Ah, beaten to it again 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

you are both wrong!! ahaha JK

no the piece that goes in the rear right of the petcock is already installed and goes from the petcock, to a T (for balancing) and then tho the rear cylinder vaccum take off.

this is a different hose.

do you guys have a hose attatched to the nipple i am talking about on the tank? its the one on the left in the picture....
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Yip, and as Carl says these are single lines exiting at front left of bike! Sure you haven't picked that up from what you've been swapping from? Is it rubber or hard plastic?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

its rubber. so its supposed to be a single line going from the tank straight down as a vent?
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jscobey wrote:its rubber. so its supposed to be a single line going from the tank straight down as a vent?
Sure is mate :thumbup: If that originally came from there can't think for the life of me why it would be teed off :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You should have a small hose that attaches to the outlet on the left of the tank in the pic. The small hose has a plastic reducer/enlarger (whichever way you want to call it LOL) that has a larger hose which runs alongside the other one and down the left side of the bike.

Have you still got the PAIR on your bike. It may be something to do with that and the line that connect to the bottom of the airbox and IIRC to the front carb and then to the PAIR valve thingy :think:

Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Yea its the one that runs next to the larger hose to the bottom. May have been from the pair but all that plumbing is gone now. I'll just cap that T then
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That will be the breather tube, not sure why it has a T in it :confused The breather is a single tube via the plastic enlarger thingy which follows the main wiring loom along the left frame and hangs loose around the generator/stator cover along with the overflow/drain tube from the tank and the coolant bottle (3 lines in total) as in the below pic.

Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

mine doesnt have an "enlarger" in it at all. but it fits right onto the nipple so i dont think the "enlarger" is needed