shocks that physically fit the storm that could be rebuilt.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Mav617

Re: shocks that physically fit the storm that could be rebui

Post by Mav617 »

Yes, might as well give it a go. Soon as I can pick up my Abba stand from up north - don't suppose anyone between London and Brighton has one for a lend?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Tried fitting the ZX6R shock, won't fit due to the top mounted reservoir catching on the reg/rec - with that out of the way it was still about 1.5mm out. I could cut the battery box but then it's getting a bit silly.......

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

enjoying this thread :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

.. good effort .. im a bit lost though. . Are you fitting a zx6r shock to a firestorm or a different bike ? Dont recognise much in those pictures !? ..
Ive managed to fit this ohlins and shoe horn in the reservoir on the left side just at the battery with the preload adjuster below on a bolt id welded onto the frame for the tax disc which is of course no longer required :-) ..does look the biz i have to say ... so far ive blown nearly a grand on the bloody thing this winter. . Still looks like shite .. lol must be mad
G
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Geordie wrote:.. good effort .. im a bit lost though. . Are you fitting a zx6r shock to a firestorm or a different bike ? Dont recognise much in those pictures !? ..
Ive managed to fit this ohlins and shoe horn in the reservoir on the left side just at the battery with the preload adjuster below on a bolt id welded onto the frame for the tax disc which is of course no longer required :-) ..does look the biz i have to say ... so far ive blown nearly a grand on the bloody thing this winter. . Still looks like shite .. lol must be mad
G
dont worry you are in good company. iv spend near £400 and its on stuff i dont even need lol..

atm im practicing using the divvie, im fitting a ER6 kawa shock into it.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Sorry mate, trying to fit a different shock to the TRX, now taken a punt on this Wilbers: