anxiety

General Bike chat
tony.wilde1

Re: anxiety

Post by tony.wilde1 »

thanks pete.im investigating the bike and also i came up with something else.when it was new it was registered in peterborough.on may 20th 1997.but having 10 owners its probs been around the country. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

It looks in pretty good nick though :D
I recon it's just been around the block, or is it the village bike and everyone had a go on it :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

Pete.L wrote:It looks in pretty good nick though :D
I recon it's just been around the block, or is it the village bike and everyone had a go on it :D

thats odd,ive heard something like that before,not sure it was a bike though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
popkat

Post by popkat »

AMCQ46 wrote:Could be the lighting, or my monitor, just in the 1st photo it looks like the 2nd gen watery yellow rather than the 1st gen bright yellow.

the bright yellow is the best
It's early Yellow, faster Yellow had silver wheels or on an F2 gloss black wheels.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.wilde1 wrote:Saw the bike today and its just like the pics.its clean and has new tyres,manual ccts.(krieger),undertray,colour matched (yellow),new chain,mot'ed til 17th november,checked the mileage and its done 27k,but only 3k in the past 4 years.,all discs are fine,reg/rec is a finned metal one,all round has had new pads too.weird the yoshi stickers though.i think someone just stuck them on for fun,cos it says harris stamped into the end cans,which also have baffles in too.great!test ride was hair raising.piddling rain and wind.great!!but it all checked out fine.picking it up saturday.happy days.this will be vtr number 4!!i cant keep away when i get caught in the orbit of firestorm. :lol: anyway.after 3 years on the harley i need to get my senses sharpened. 8O
Glad to hear all went well Tony :thumbup: it sounds a good bike, it certainly looks it going by the photo's. A pity it was wet and windy when taking her for a test ride, but you can't have everything I guess. Have a safe journey on Saturday. Personally I like the earlier yellow, which is the darker colour of the two models. You'll have to get some more pic's up when you've got her home :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sirch345 wrote:
tony.wilde1 wrote:Saw the bike today and its just like the pics.its clean and has new tyres,manual ccts.(krieger),undertray,colour matched (yellow),new chain,mot'ed til 17th november,checked the mileage and its done 27k,but only 3k in the past 4 years.,all discs are fine,reg/rec is a finned metal one,all round has had new pads too.weird the yoshi stickers though.i think someone just stuck them on for fun,cos it says harris stamped into the end cans,which also have baffles in too.great!test ride was hair raising.piddling rain and wind.great!!but it all checked out fine.picking it up saturday.happy days.this will be vtr number 4!!i cant keep away when i get caught in the orbit of firestorm. :lol: anyway.after 3 years on the harley i need to get my senses sharpened. 8O
Glad to hear all went well Tony :thumbup: it sounds a good bike, it certainly looks it going by the photo's. A pity it was wet and windy when taking her for a test ride, but you can't have everything I guess. Have a safe journey on Saturday. Personally I like the earlier yellow, which is the darker colour of the two models. You'll have to get some more pic's up when you've got her home :thumbup:

Chris.

cheers chris,it certainly is better than the previous yellow one.i wanted to buy one this time that needed nothing .apart from replacing a few bolts with stainless and sorting the pseudo carbon levers thats all i can think of for now. :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.wilde1 wrote:cheers chris,it certainly is better than the previous yellow one.i wanted to buy one this time that needed nothing .apart from replacing a few bolts with stainless and sorting the pseudo carbon levers thats all i can think of for now. :thumbup:
I know what you mean, although I think with the Storm there is always something you want to do or modify :thumbup:
It amazes me how many members on here seem to get 2nd hand bikes with new tyres, and chain in your case 8O I can't remember ever getting a used bike with new tyres, mind you I've sold a few over the years with close to new tyres :)

I hope the weather is better today where you are Tony for the ride home, it's horrible here,

Chris.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

I agree bike looks very sound .. currently find myself in a rather damp part
of the Uk , Truro , Cornwall .. good luck with it//// :thumbup:
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

cheers guys!! anyway..rode the 60miles home and it just drizzled a bit.no rain.excellent.bike was flawless,got better as the miles went on.the only thing about today that was harsh was having to change trains and buses.4 trains and 2 buses,a four and half hour journey there!! 8O
coming back took hour and a quarter!! :lol: its all good.raining a bit here in sussex now.but i dont care.its all covered up...now to gloat around ebay for bits i dont need..LMAO! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ATM

Post by ATM »

Glad it all worked out for you. I also have a yellow one that will be up for sale soon, so glad to see so many favourable comments confirming yellow is the best colour. :D . The yellow ones are definitely the quickest!
If you've over-cooked it, just lean it over more.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

ATM wrote:Glad it all worked out for you. I also have a yellow one that will be up for sale soon, so glad to see so many favourable comments confirming yellow is the best colour. :D . The yellow ones are definitely the quickest!

:lol: :lol: Yeah right...

Hold on if it's that good why are you selling it ... :confused
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:
ATM wrote:Glad it all worked out for you. I also have a yellow one that will be up for sale soon, so glad to see so many favourable comments confirming yellow is the best colour. :D . The yellow ones are definitely the quickest!

"SIMPLES" it's because like all yellow owners, they really want a red one :wink: :lol:

Happy to hear all went well Tony :thumbup: I think you were lucky with the weather,

Chris.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

cheers chris,weather is real shite today so all ive done is replace the screen bolts with stainless ones.cov ered it up and back to gloating around the vtr sites and facebook groups.LOL
ImageImageImageImage
ATM

Post by ATM »

MacV2 wrote:

Given up road riding in favour of the adrenalin rush and completion that you get on the track. Never fancied taking the storm on the track.......had a go on my mates SP1 and that was a handful enough.
If you've over-cooked it, just lean it over more.