what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
leevtr

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by leevtr »

Nothing 'to' it, but bought a set of tyres for it. The good deals are getting thin on the ground as the weather improves chaps, so it might be worth getting them early and put them aside.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

NZSpokes wrote:
When I got mine I road it 10ks from where i bought it to home. I bottomed the fork twice. First thing I did when I walked in the house was e-mail Robert Taylor in new Plymouth for new springs. Search Rogered forks on here to help with the valving.

Where did you ride?
I've been down the springing and valving path on my VFR800, and have 0.90kg/mm springs, DMr compression valves (with my own stack) and Gold Valve rebound valves in that. Last year I also bought a set of bent VTR forks and used the fork caps and rebound adjusters for the VFR. Aside from the rebound adjustability and the lower leg castings (different brakes/guard) the VTR and VFR use identical damper components including valves and the shim configuration. For some reason the VFR uses a much longer spring and shorter spacer but the rates stock are about the same. So I'll be ordering up the spring and comp valves again pretty soon, but in the interim I might just swap my modded parts out of the VFR and into the VTR.

Where did I ride? Well it was a short one (75km) as it was my first ride after carpal tunnel surgery and I really wasn't sure that after 18 days I could do it, but no real worries (pleasure vs pain!). So just from my home in Mellons Bay to Clevedon and up into the hills there. The top speed run was conducted on a closed course, under adult supervision and I had a note from my mum to say it was ok... :D
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote:
sirch345 wrote:
That's a job I've been meaning to get around to. I'm guessing you used a lathe to make yours Mike :?:

Yeah that was back in the machine shop days so I turned up a set on lunch :thumbup:
lloydie wrote:
sirch345 wrote:
What size did you go for Lloydie :?:

I've just noticed the price is for a pack of ten, that's better :thumbup: I thought it was each first of all :lol:

Chris.
M4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mike and Lloydie for your replies :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Got the brake calipers and repainted and lacquered fork legs all back on. Renewed the rear brake and clutch fluids. New back tyre fitted, then yesterday got the bike mot'd :D

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Back from the test run..... Took a quick ride up the road right out my back door...little tujunga canyon
It's pretty empty out there as a lot of local are a bit scared of it but on my bike it is a 2nd gear road while running the bike between 3.5K -8K

So real good for checking jetting :thumbup:
It's a bit bumpy with blind corners and a few hairpins thrown in to keep you on your toes....lol

I did drop the ride height down to 6.5mm and with the new springs everything is back to working like it should.
Firm but never beats you up..... I call it firm but ohlins plush.

The jetting is almost spot on..... just some popping on decel so just need to open the pilots 1\2 turn.

Yes the bike did pull the typical VTR madness of going rich when I installed the full Akro system.
In the end I went down 1 size on the pilots (back to the US stock 45s) and she pulls really hard now.

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Cadbury64 wrote:
NZSpokes wrote:
When I got mine I road it 10ks from where i bought it to home. I bottomed the fork twice. First thing I did when I walked in the house was e-mail Robert Taylor in new Plymouth for new springs. Search Rogered forks on here to help with the valving.

Where did you ride?
I've been down the springing and valving path on my VFR800, and have 0.90kg/mm springs, DMr compression valves (with my own stack) and Gold Valve rebound valves in that. Last year I also bought a set of bent VTR forks and used the fork caps and rebound adjusters for the VFR. Aside from the rebound adjustability and the lower leg castings (different brakes/guard) the VTR and VFR use identical damper components including valves and the shim configuration. For some reason the VFR uses a much longer spring and shorter spacer but the rates stock are about the same. So I'll be ordering up the spring and comp valves again pretty soon, but in the interim I might just swap my modded parts out of the VFR and into the VTR.

Where did I ride? Well it was a short one (75km) as it was my first ride after carpal tunnel surgery and I really wasn't sure that after 18 days I could do it, but no real worries (pleasure vs pain!). So just from my home in Mellons Bay to Clevedon and up into the hills there. The top speed run was conducted on a closed course, under adult supervision and I had a note from my mum to say it was ok... :D
Cool. Ive got RT GVs as well.

I had May Carpel done last year, transformed my riding. I ride about Clevedon a lot as I help out with a beginner ride in the area.

We hopped on our Bandit today as my partner gets to uncomfortable on the VTR, we went up to Mungatoroto to meet a mate there and have lunch. Nice ride up 16.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:Got the brake calipers, repainted and lacquered fork legs all back on. Renewed the rear brake and clutch fluids. New back tyre fitted, then yesterday got the bike mot'd :D

Chris.
I was starting to think you no longer had a bike Chris !!!

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sirch345 wrote:Got the brake calipers, repainted and lacquered fork legs all back on. Renewed the rear brake and clutch fluids. New back tyre fitted, then yesterday got the bike mot'd :D

Chris.
that looks brand new chris, well done mate..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: I was starting to think you no longer had a bike Chris !!!
Why was that Lloydie, because I hadn't posted up how my bike related progress was going :?: :)
agentpineapple wrote:

Chris.
Thanks Marty :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:
lloydie wrote: I was starting to think you no longer had a bike Chris !!!
Why was that Lloydie, because I hadn't posted up how my bike related progress was going :?: :)
agentpineapple wrote:

Chris.
Thanks Marty :thumbup:

Chris.
Yep :-)

kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

That looks brand new!

Noice!

Well done!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Yep :-)

Cheeky :wink: :lol:

I do different things to the bike but forget to take a photo or two :wink: or forget to post up :lol:
Things didn't go straightforward with the fork legs painting either :problem:
kenmoore wrote:That looks brand new!

Noice!

Well done!
Cheers Ken,

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well I still know how to put them back together....... :angel:

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks a great place to go riding hawk

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:Looks a great place to go riding hawk

That speed hump seems a bit extreme tho ! 8O

Seems to be doing the job however... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...