Greetings from Northumberland

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
KermitLeFrog

Greetings from Northumberland

Post by KermitLeFrog »

An old ex road racer and Enduro jockey here. More used to two stroke singles and IL4s but... having had a great deal of fun on a twinshock Honda XR600 and, way before that, a Ducati 750GT (late 70's) a quick test drive persuaded me.

It's a yellow 98 model. Good tyres, fairly clean but with a few rusty bolts. Runs well though. First things will be to change all the fluids and filters and then see what I think of the gearing before I replace the chain and sprockets.

I'm used to working on bikes but now, I think, I CBA. If anyone has any recommendations for workshops in the Newcastle area I'd be interested.

Finally, an excellent resource you have here people. Well done!
Kind regards
Ian
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
lloydie

Re: Greetings from Northumberland

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome .
With a name like that you need kermit :-) Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Ahhh, but this was the original Kermit.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club, sounds like you have some interesting road race background, liking the KH race bike, was it Proddy race or full open class?
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The pic was from Wanneroo Park (near Perth, Western Australia) in about 1978. It was open class "C" grade. "C" grade was equivalent to Club grade over here. B was National, A was international.

It was a modified 500. Home made pipes and angle iron welded onto the swingarm, PZ4 on the front and Michelin slick on the rear. Against all odds it was stable as anything in the corners but had very slow steering. Changing direction needed mega counter-steer. I snapped a clipon more than once. Good fun though....
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy