new exhaust downpipes .. where to get ?

General Bike chat
lloydie

Re: new exhaust downpipes .. where to get ?

Post by lloydie »

Contact Jedrek750 on the superhawk forum as he makes his own systems and for the right price could make you one
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Just coming back to this to update. I bought a set from sandys. The fit wasnt bad at the cylinders but my link pipes ip to the mig concepts were out in angle and everything would have been badly strained if i could even get them on so i cut the ends off the downpipes at the 'y' split and mocked it all up for a local stainless exhaust maker to stitch it together better (thanks to elite custom exhausts in Ayr highly recommended for exhaust work ). So all fits fine. A point about the quality though. My link pipes are 304 and although get all the trash from the rear tyre very easily polish up bright. The downpipes however now after about hundred miles of running since fitting have taken on a very rusty tarnished look im afraid which im sure will polish but tbh im doubting the grade as 304 like they are supposed to be .. i have a feeling its a poorer grade than that maybe 404 which i believe is what the originals are made of .. bit dissappointed tbh. Just because its shiny out the box doesnt mean it'll stay that way unless its 316 grade for example. Just for info guys. Cheers
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Or skip Stainless and go Titanium. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside