:lol: :lol:
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

kev64 wrote:That is very pink !
I just showed her and guess

She loved it !!
:lol: :lol:

same as her Dads. :lol: :lol: My Daughter wanted a Pink KTM. they wouldn't do it. she bought a street triple.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That looks like yetis bike :-)
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I did a bad thing and then sorted it out...

I decided to throw in some new back brake pads during the week, so I pulled the caliper out, gave the piston a good clean, tossed in the new pads and tightened it all up. Felt OK using my hand to move the pedal, so I thought all would be well. 5km up the road yesterday and it was very obvious all was not well, way too much pedal movement and not much braking force. So I returned home, flushed and bled the brake, but could not get a firm feel and I could see a twisting in the caliper when the piston moved. I hoped (as you do) that it would sort itself out (which it didn't) so after about 40km of spirited riding with an inoperative back brake I pulled over to take another look.

At that point I discovered that the front caliper mount bolt was about 5mm from being screwed in fully, although I had nipped it up and checked by torque wrench when I was working on the brakes. For whatever reason, the threads on this were very stiff so it was a real effort to turn, fortunately I had an adjustable wrench in my tank bag. Once properly seated, the blind end of the bolt (which is the sliding mount for the caliper) limits the wiggle in the caliper so the whole thing sits still when the brake is applied, and the hydraulic force applies pads to disc rather than moving the whole caliper. After that the brake worked fine.

My learning from this is don't change brake pads at night in a poorly lit part of the garage unless a hand-held light is available to check proper assembly!
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Can anyone confirm whether these mufflers are "stock"? Bought off our local auction site, they have a much bigger outlet than the ones on my bike. What do you reckon?ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
legendlives

Post by legendlives »

horselg wrote:Legendlives, can you give some details of your bobbin fitting.
Your wish is my.....
http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=37444
I like my bikes like my women - Loud with two big cylinders :D
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Cadbury64 wrote:Can anyone confirm whether these mufflers are "stock"? Bought off our local auction site, they have a much bigger outlet than the ones on my bike. What do you reckon?ImageImage

They have had the baffels removed...The Full Baffeloctmemy... :thumbup:

Any easy mod to release more db...will sound good when fitted try them...

Here's a set I did earlier...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Thanks Mac. I've since peered down them and they have been fully gutted; looks like just glass wrapped perforated tube as far as I can see. They're lighter and a little shorter than my OEM parts. The new bits were advertised as stock, I was planning to go the full bafflectomy on my original pipes and use these at MOT time. Not quite what I'd planned but a great result!

legendlives

Post by legendlives »

MacV2 wrote:
Cadbury64 wrote:Can anyone confirm whether these mufflers are "stock"? Bought off our local auction site, they have a much bigger outlet than the ones on my bike. What do you reckon?ImageImage

Is that just a case of putting a big hole-saw down it Mac?
I like my bikes like my women - Loud with two big cylinders :D
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

Boys & girls, your thoughts please...

Thinking of changing my wheels from silver grey to black. Whaddaya think?

Last edited by scubadog on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

lloydie wrote:
Geoff S wrote:Not really today, more last weekend.... Got rid of the Renthal handlebars that have been on there since I got it. Replaced with some old Fireblade clip-ons as it has a very early 'blade fork on it. Handling feels better and less wheelie prone at the same throttle but damn they are low (non-standard top yoke means they sit lower)and hard on the wrists. They are staying but maybe some thought required....
Is yours red ?
Been away for a few days so possibly the worlds slowest response (although the wife might say it was quite normal :lol: ). It is a red one. Was orange but has slowly changed colour over the last year or so... Can't decide if it is now faster or slower but I am sure someone will tell me :lol: :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Not done anything on the bike for ages but I am amassing a collection of parts which I don't really need. Seems this is par for the course when trying to get a bike back on the road.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

legendlives wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

Is that just a case of putting a big hole-saw down it Mac?
You could do it with a hole saw but I've never seen one thats for metal...only wood...What is the norm is to drill a series of holes around the spout, the more the merrier. Then take a cold chisle & join the holes up. That will leave the inner spout flopping about side to side...Now you have to break the weld at the far end of the baffle. Whack it with a hammer use a bit of wood so you have whack room so as not to damage the outer spout. Whack it in as far as it will go, use a pire of mole grips to then pull the inner spout back out, repeat until the weld breaks...Pull out inner spout compleat with the baffle & throw that in the bin! Repeat with the other pipe. Finaly use a die grinder or Dremmel type tool to clean up the inner edge wher you have drilled it...Simples, & sound nice...only real issue is that they still weigh loads... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

My mufflers are awesome. Whereas the Stage 1 bafflectomy (4 x 12mm holes drilled in the end caps) was a bit flat, a blatting sort of sound, I now have a much deeper yet mellow tone (at low revs anyway). Someone's done an amazing surgery/polishing job because I can't tell where they broke in. They're a little shorter, and much lighter than stock.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Finally got my jetting right, nice tan plugs. :clap:

Only had the carbs off 100,000,000 times. :sad2

But lots of power and over 200ks and no ROLD. :beer: