Front cylinder head wanted

Moderator: VTRDark

Geoff S

Front cylinder head wanted

Post by Geoff S »

Morning all

I am after a front cylinder head for my storm. The current head just spat the spark plug out killing the plug thread as it did so needs evicting and replacing with a less dead one. Seems they are a bit rare though (because of the whole CCT thing I guess?) and can't find one on ebay.

Anyone got one for sale?
carmanbikes

Re: Front cylinder head wanted

Post by carmanbikes »

Hello Geoff, I have one in need of refurb, it has no cams or cam caps so you would have to use yours not sure about the valves and the exhaust studds are snapped but quite a lot sticking out to heat up and get grips on, £25 plus postage, I know tonymon is doing work on cylinder heads replacing valves etc, If you would like me to send the head and you pay the post and then just pay me for the head when he says it is usable :thumbup:
Sir-knob-head

Post by Sir-knob-head »

I have one
Idiots exist everywhere
Doesn't mean you have to argue with them

Live to ride. Ride to live
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

just beware that cam caps should stay with their original heads as they are machined as matched pairs. if you swap them round with a different engine they MIGHT not be the correct size for each oher
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

carmanbikes wrote:Hello Geoff, I have one in need of refurb, it has no cams or cam caps so you would have to use yours not sure about the valves and the exhaust studds are snapped but quite a lot sticking out to heat up and get grips on, £25 plus postage, I know tonymon is doing work on cylinder heads replacing valves etc, If you would like me to send the head and you pay the post and then just pay me for the head when he says it is usable :thumbup:
Yes. I can put it back to usable condition.
Pm me if you want to go a head.
:D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.