what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
SmileyVTR

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by SmileyVTR »

QAT fitted, return cable removed
Rear linkages removed, cleaned and lubed up (got my little pinkie into all those deep crevices and gave a good wiggle around...calm down Lloydie!)
- which included forgetting to support the bike - DOH!! That bike's heavy - got under and lifted with shoulder while neighbour quickly put bolt back through. Muppet.

Sprayed radiators and starter motor black
Philips Extreme Vision bulb ordered

Going to get front Rodgered and then once the bike is put back together, with the newly polished cans/black pipes, I'll post some pics :D
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

This Sunday on the biffer managed to finally get the rusty bits treated and painted, fitted my eastern beaver switched relay kit installed, sparkbright charge monitor fitted, the shitty wiring from the existing heated grips have now been removed, ready for new shiny Honda grips. Now to get all the plastics back on, easier said than done.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

SmileyVTR wrote:QAT fitted, return cable removed
Rear linkages removed, cleaned and lubed up (got my little pinkie into all those deep crevices and gave a good wiggle around...calm down Lloydie!)
- which included forgetting to support the bike - DOH!! That bike's heavy - got under and lifted with shoulder while neighbour quickly put bolt back through. Muppet.

Sprayed radiators and starter motor black
Philips Extreme Vision bulb ordered

Going to get front Rodgered and then once the bike is put back together, with the newly polished cans/black pipes, I'll post some pics :D
It's hard not to when someone has trapped themselves under a bike and can't move and with lube being around that's just asking for trouble !!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Mav617 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:torqued up lots of bolts, removed battery for charging, put fresh brake fluid in the rear brake and bleed it, loosened off the 4 exhaust nuts, so I could fit the rear header to the main header, then did them back up again. just need to sort out one of the pipes under the tank, put some fresh coolant in it and it'll be ready to fire up.... :thumbup:
Good work fella. Anyone use/recommend brass nuts for the manifolds?
Anything has to be better than the monkey nuts Honda use !!
Tho if you remove them twice a year and re-coperslip them you should never have a problem.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

those nuts/studs are a terrible combo, unless like lloydie said, you keep them well lubed.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Cleaned all the road kill of the front
Deed bugs all over the fairing
Tried to start it, wouldn't start
Chucked covers back over it will come back once new battery ordered
Whent home in the huff
:Argue 1: :Argue 1:
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Walked into the garage, looked at it, rubbed it with a cloth, walked out if the garage. Love my Storm :D
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

mellis wrote:...rubbed it with a cloth, walked out if the garage. Love my Storm :D
We are talking about rubbing the bike, yes??? (either way can't blame you, I catch myself secretly gazing at mine) :oops:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I ordered a new Brembo brake lever for piggy .
Lubed birds chain ,
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

mellis wrote:Walked into the garage, looked at it, rubbed it with a cloth, walked out if the garage. Love my Storm :D

i did the same but with the CB i love my CB
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

finished off fitting the new fairing to the big girl, just waiting for the screen to arrive and shes good to go. :thumbup:

i also may have gave it a wee stroke :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

It's amazing how much snappier the throttle feels without the return cable. I recently did the same and also fitted the HTC qat tube.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ConTRo13R wrote:
It's amazing how much snappier the throttle feels without the return cable. I recently did the same and also fitted the HTC qat tube.
and I thought HTC made phones...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

Took mine for it's mot today thinking that it might fail because of the integrated indicators in the rear led light unit !
But Mot guy was in a good mood and didn't mention it ! :thumbup: ..so she sailed through ! :D
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

tony.mon wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Rode the spluttering beast over to Tony for some major surgery which included Tony taking a hammer & chisel to the front cam cover to rectify a rounded off cam cover bolt... 8O

Rear cams out & reset I now have a fully working Custard Crumble... :thumbup:

Boxing it all back up, just did the last air box screw...Went to put the front plug cap back on...The throttle cables are hanging down un-conected...

DOH!

Air box back off...throttle conected...Air box back on reached over for the last air box screw, which is sitting next to the intake stacks !

DOH! Air box lid back off...stacks on...Lid on for the final time...

Meanwhile Tony has wheeled Steve Vanstubs bike down so he can ride off & notices no mirrors...at this point I felt better... Mirrors fitted I said to Tony 'cor I just forgot to put the satcks in...' Tony thinks for a moment then walks back up to the garage & gets Steves stacks... :lol: :lol:

Finaly rode off after I rememberd to reconect the front indis ... :oops:

Rides like a different bike now...a proper Storm...

Cheers Tony... :thumbup: Enjoy that beer tonight.

Oh & Kev, Steves wallet was empty...Tony saw to that... :lol:

Yeah, I was getting cold and tired, but nearly got two spare stacks......(He'd have noticed the mirrors!)
I wouldn't mind but one of the stacks was mine anyway; the one he rode in with had been butchered with a hacksaw by some clown trying to cut a slot in the bolt.....
Bugger, I didn't charge him for the bolts, either....

And it was fun refitting the airbox lid, it was fitted with three Honda screws and an assortment of woodscrews...Ah well, it was still sealed, I suppose.
LOL Mr Mon the cold must of really affected you letting me get away with that :wave: and thanks for the balaclava too new 1 been ordered for you along with fairing bolts
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup: