[FIXED[ new member: surging issues [FIXED FOR REAL]

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MacV2

Re: new member: surging issues

Post by MacV2 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:The pipe from the rear carb on the left goes to the petcock to create the vacuum to draw fuel, the T piece would fit to this pipe but that is solely for balancing the carbs. I would just run one pipe from the rear carb to the petcock for now to check. The front carb will either have a nipple or blank screw in place on the right. If it's a nipple then put pipe on and cap it.
Not 100% correct as the vac pipe doesn't come from the carb, the vac piont is in the cylinder block just below the carb intake.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Correct. But all you need to do is put your finger or thumb over the end with the engine running and see if your surging disappears.

Actually, better than that; bring it to Grainstorm and we can look clever fixing it :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:Correct. But all you need to do is put your finger or thumb over the end with the engine running and see if your surging disappears.

Actually, better than that; bring it to Grainstorm and we can look clever fixing it :lol:
:thumbup:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=38611
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

MacV2 wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:The pipe from the rear carb on the left goes to the petcock to create the vacuum to draw fuel, the T piece would fit to this pipe but that is solely for balancing the carbs. I would just run one pipe from the rear carb to the petcock for now to check. The front carb will either have a nipple or blank screw in place on the right. If it's a nipple then put pipe on and cap it.
Not 100% correct as the vac pipe doesn't come from the carb, the vac piont is in the cylinder block just below the carb intake.

I know that but thought it might be easier to locate if I said it was carb, maybe confused somewhat.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

toby did tell me about grainstorm its indeed tempting.

going to have to pull my airbox today and block the pipe off, someones got to know what it does haha

might aswell do the pair whilst im there.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

The two pipes are for syncing the carbs. The front has the pipe on as its easier to sync and no need to remove tank or airbox unless they need adjusting then its just a case of lifting the tank to make adjust. The front pipe just needs to be blocked off until you come to sync the carbs. The rear pipe should have a T in it. 1 goes to the rear of the petcock and the one that comes of at a right angle just needs blocking off again until you come to sync the carbs. Basically any open ends on these pipes should be blocked off with a golf T or similar.
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

i thought the carb syncing was done from the vacuum hose that connects to the petrol tap and the allen bolt on the front cylinder...
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I think im lost, which hoses are you referring too? Im talking about the hoses that connect just below the carb boot rubbers on both cylinders. One goes to the rear of the fuel tap the other is capped off.

Are you on about the carb overflow hoses? These remain unblocked. They go from the right of the rear carb and the left of the front carb as you sit on the bike.
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

Not those, the air cut off valve pipes..

these, connected direct to the carb

As you see, the one with the T piece.. it doesnt go anywhere but the rear doesnt have the T piece but has the clip as if its supposed to connect to something, it if i blow into the pipe pointing upwards air comes out around the top of the carb where the diaphragm is

Also, what does the pilot screw adjust? does it allow more fuel or air if i open it?
lloydie

new member: surging issues

Post by lloydie »

That pipe you have is part of the pairs that fits on the spigot that's mounted to the frame below the rear tank mount .

The pilot screw changes the fuel mixture .
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

you sure? the pipe on the right of the pic is for the front carb its way too short to reach anywhere near the back of the tank or even touch the tank going straight up.
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

It attaches to the forward facing pipe on the part under the right-hand side of the airbox.

Pic stolen from 'donclifton'

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I knew it went to part of the pairs crap , it's been a while since I worked in a later model one
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Is it only imports that have the pairs system? Thought it was to do with emissions and not venting to open air?
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

weird, my carbs dont have that T piece but my us spec carbs do? i thought mine did nevermind.

also

carbs are on the bench/coffee table, im looking at needles and the manual says

Jet needle number Except SW, AR, G type Front: A1UD, Rear: A1UC
SW, AR, G type Front: A1UF, Rear: A1U

what would i use as uk spec is code :E

does this mean
any that arent these codes SW, AR, G type should be Front: A1UD, Rear: A1UC