Ariel Atom

General Biker Banter
Pem Brooke

Ariel Atom

Post by Pem Brooke »

Had a drive in an Atom yesterday...one of those Driving Gift events...(birthday treat). It was a 2 litre Honda Type R engine, apparently supercharged. Owner / driver said it was 350 bhp and 300+ ft/lbs, and it felt like it!
Felt about as quick as the Storm, but it's hard to compare 2 wheels to 4. I looked on line and they reckon 0-60 in 2.9...so maybe similar in performance.
A good experience, but way out of my league to own one...cheapest on E Bay looks to be about 35K...
Anyone on the forum got experience of one of these?

Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh:
Mav617

Re: Ariel Atom

Post by Mav617 »

Thought someone on here owned one, or something similar? Pretty sure Paul (BigTwinThing) has one.
Last edited by Mav617 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I believe they are very similar to the crossbow. Eye watering fast and can pull enough G's to snap your neck. Definitely a track focused only toy.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Paula just brought another one btt , I'm sure he can tell you all about them
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

That aint like a crossbow, there far better. Mine is a Honda 2.25 Supercharged with Bilsteign Suspension, dymag wheels and about 328bhp but about 760kg. It will outperform most bikes not by outride speed but by the cornering and the Brakes. Ive tracked it and most supercars still struggle to keep it in sight. However you can bugger up £600 of tyres in a day so you have to be careful ha ha. Ian still learning to drive it super fast. They are totally amazing and you can buy them for about £25k very fast but drivable anywhere. South of France last year. Not sure where to this year. The V8 is stupidly manic with 2 x Hayabusa Blocks and Heads and an Atom Crank. but not being made anymore. The Nomad is the new one with Off road capability. Thats 125mph Ploughed field stuff. Its a bugger to get in and out of though.

I will be having the bike later on in the year so will post some pics and info etc.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

He we areImage

Yes its Yellow.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm looking forward to have img a go in that btt :-)
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

bigtwinthing wrote:I will be having the bike later on in the year so will post some pics and info etc.
Are you going girder?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

TravisZack wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:I will be having the bike later on in the year so will post some pics and info etc.
Are you going girder?
Both.!
Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

That aint like a crossbow, there far better. Mine is a Honda 2.25 Supercharged with Bilsteign Suspension, dymag wheels and about 328bhp but about 760kg. It will outperform most bikes not by outride speed but by the cornering and the Brakes. Ive tracked it and most supercars still struggle to keep it in sight. However you can bugger up £600 of tyres in a day so you have to be careful ha ha. Ian still learning to drive it super fast. They are totally amazing and you can buy them for about £25k very fast but drivable anywhere. South of France last year. Not sure where to this year. The V8 is stupidly manic with 2 x Hayabusa Blocks and Heads and an Atom Crank. but not being made anymore. The Nomad is the new one with Off road capability. Thats 125mph Ploughed field stuff. Its a bugger to get in and out of though.
Wow, that's really nice.... I was impressed with the handling...and the brakes! Even though I only had a few laps in the Atom it felt very sorted. I'm sure that with the right driver I would have crapped myself!
The lad who was was my co-pilot actually owned this car so he was naturally a little cautious with me...after all he doesn't know me from Adam...but he was game for me giving it some once we had a few laps done.
Congrats on owning your own Atom! :thumbup: I'll probably ultimately settle for a Westfield...had one years ago...lot of fun for not a lot of money.. :cool2

Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh:
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

bigtwinthing wrote:
TravisZack wrote:
Are you going girder?
Both.!
8O

New Forest eh... well it's a long way, but sure, I'll make the trip :wave:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Down the road for me now, that's a two-seater right Paul?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Mav617 wrote:Down the road for me now, that's a two-seater right Paul?

Haha yes it is.

Cater ham are well sorted too but i don't think they look as good. They are super fast on track though.

I am out in a Ferrari 448 V8 Twin Turbo soon too. Thats 687 bhp. I will take some photos, however lost my phone on Monday.