Hello you bunch of fruitcakes :)

General Biker Banter
Kitch

Hello you bunch of fruitcakes :)

Post by Kitch »

Hey!

Just thought I'd finally get around to posting something. Been lurking a little while and having a blast, though I've dropped in to the site occasionally for years now. I'm a member of many forums and I can honestly say that this has one of the best communities out there. Most bike related forums are fun and friendly places, but this one really is a cut above.

So, a little about me.

I'm a soon to be 30 year old (4th May) male. I live in Lancashire, about 20 miles north of Manchester. Currently single after ending a long term relationship. I could probably be described as a goth as I am generally into all things black as well as predominantly goth and metal music.

My first bike was a gorgeous little 125cc KTM supermoto (stolen - b8stard) after which I did my direct access. Loved it so much that I bought the CB500 I did my test on off the school I learned with for a bargain price. Rode that for 2 years, only ending when a car pulled out on me, mangling the poor CB beyond repair and giving me a 4 week holiday in intensive care. Luckily I have no serious permanent damage despite being fairly well smashed up myself, though I do now have some cool titanium and carbon bits not found in the Demon Tweeks book.

That was 3 years ago and I haven't properly owned a bike since. I've had friends Aprillia RS125's and a CBR600 to play with in that time but now I am getting physically and financially fit again, it's time to sort out the gaping hole in my life that can only be filled by something two-wheeled.

I've loved 'storms since forever and was actually just about to get a nice 98 one when I had my crash. Now, I'm saving like crazy to find a nice 'storm (though currently still skint and unemployed :( )and I can't wait to get back out there. If anyone wants to swap me a 97/98 'storm (though it has to be black - it's the ONLY colour) for an S reg Citroen Xsara, shout me. :)

So, HI! from me...
logan7

Post by logan7 »

Hey back at ya :twisted:
The force is strong in this one
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Kitch, I like your avatar 8)
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

Welcome to the nut house!
Davie :wink:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Heh

Thanks for the welcomes folks...

Yeah, the avatar really is me too!

I know Jilly's well. Used to go on the 7 till 7 all nighters. Now, it's full of teeny kiddies, so don't go so much. There's a group of folks run a goth night in an old church off Deansgate which is pretty cool, though generally head over to Leeds for nights out now.

As for nuthouse, there should be an allergy warning on the front page :) Me, I'm a Macadamia Nut.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Hey dude, welcome to the forums, your quite right on one count : these are the friendliest biking forums out there!

However everyone (except kaz) knows the fastest colours red! :-)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Welcome to the forum.

You do know the black bikes are on the list of slower coloured storms. The yellow ones are the faster colour to go for :D
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

*sigh* poked it with a stick there huh?

Right, before this gets out of hand, black ones are best.

Preferably so black that they suck the light from surrounding objects. Cases in point? All the coolest stuff is black... goths (obviously), Ghost Rider, leather, the best visors, carbon fibre, the SR71 etc

Now, take red... Stop signs, traffic lights, "my CCT broke and ate my engine" warning lights, blood (not good if you're seeing it this colour in large quantites)

Hmm... yellow? Bananas (healthy food of the devil), wee, camels

Orange maybe? Oranges (more healthy stuff... ugh!), fuel warning lights

Teal? dear god, it's TEAL... nuff said

Limited dayglo orange, white and purple? Gains cool for rarity, loses all of it by looking like Suzuki designed it in the 80's.

Silver? The only other acceptable colour. Not as majestic as black, but passable.

As for fastest colours, then this again is obviously black. Black things absorb light, other colours reflect it in certain wavelengths. The energy saved by not resisting and then pinging off these photons means black ones create less light drag, and are therefore scientifically faster. Sounds plausible to me...

Oh, and thanks for the welcomes :)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Kitch wrote: Right, before this gets out of hand, black ones are best.

Now, take red... Stop signs, traffic lights, "my CCT broke and ate my engine" warning lights, blood (not good if you're seeing it this colour in large quantites)

excatly...danger, beware, cos its fastest :wink:

how do all topics decend into this debate...............
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
zzr600e1

Post by zzr600e1 »

pffft, whats up with teal, it's a cool colour hehe, doesn't matter what colour your bike is, as long as the CCT's are happy then i'm happy

Andy
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

It's time I came out of the closet.

I like black.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Max

Post by Max »

I must admit that if I had to change my "dayglo orange, white and purple" one for another,it would be the matt black ones they did a year or so ago. I nearly chopped mine in against one.
Max

SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Kitch obviously has a little taste,not much but a little. :lol: :lol:
Welcome buddy.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Hello you bunch of fruitcakes :)

Post by cupasoop »

Kitch wrote: If anyone wants to swap me a 97/98 'storm (though it has to be black - it's the ONLY colour) for an S reg Citroen Xsara, shout me. :)

So, HI! from me...
Form an orderly queue please, no pushing at the back. :wink:

Welcome aboard
Rich.

gcs

Post by gcs »

Hi there Kitch, Im with zzr600 on this one, but welcome anyway.
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.