Get Out
55%
Undecided
17%

Total votes: 29

chric

Re: Europe - In or Out?

Post by chric »

cybercarl wrote:We should all become Sikhs and then we can save money on not buying a motorcycle helmet. :beer:
I'm seeking a job does that count :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
redpig

Post by redpig »

we have managed throughout history
we will be no better off
either in or out.
ook
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

rollingthunderx2 wrote:What we dont need is people being influenced by the tsunami of Britain First propaganda drowning the internet.
If we leave, Farage inc are going to wombles us up the butt and demolish our rights, which are only being held by the EU, wakev up you flapjacks!
Thank God their isn't any propaganda from the loony left. And thank the EU for human rights, we can't go back to the way it was before, with all the raping, pillaging and unpaid labour!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

I wonder how many are claiming benefits...

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Demonic69 wrote:I wonder how many are claiming benefits...

Revealed: thousands of Britons on benefits across EU > https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... enefits-eu
Unemployed Britons in Europe are drawing much more in benefits and allowances in the wealthier EU countries than their nationals are claiming in the UK, despite the British government’s arguments about migrants flocking in to the country to secure better welfare payments.

At least 30,000 British nationals are claiming unemployment benefit in countries around the EU, research by the Guardian has found, based on responses from 23 of the 27 other EU countries.

The research shows more than four times as many Britons obtain unemployment benefits in Germany as Germans do in the UK, while the number of jobless Britons receiving benefits in Ireland exceeds their Irish counterparts in the UK by a rate of five to one.
There's a Brit on another M/C forum who settled in Denmark and recieves £1400 a month in benefits which pays his mortgage, bills and chid support, and living expenses. He left UK in the 80s because of Thatcher and went looking for "a better life and found it"...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

redpig

Post by redpig »

Concentrate on the UK.
Don't be sidetracked
The majority of Britons do not claim benefits
The majority of Britons live in the UK
The majority of Britons pay tax in the UK
ook
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

2.5%, it's more than I expected but not bad overall. I'd like to see that compared with the economic benefit of the rest of the migrants, both in the UK and in Europe. I'd also be interested to see those stats for non eu nationals that have been granted freedom of movement prior to joining the EU and with up to date figures.
I'd also love to see honest figures from our own gov't but they changed dramatically based on agenda.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

redpig wrote:Concentrate on the UK.
Don't be sidetracked
The majority of Britons do not claim benefits
The majority of Britons live in the UK
The majority of Britons pay tax in the UK
How much do immigrants really claim in benefits? > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... efits.html
The data from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HMRC, also show that the majority of welfare recipients are British.

In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Likewise, in the latest data from 2013 for those tax credits, 3.9 million (84.8 per cent) families receiving the benefits were British citizens, 302,000 (6.4 per cent) were EU citizens and 413,000 (8.8 per cent) were from outside of the UK.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

How immigration changed Boston, Lincolnshire > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e ... m-36258541
Boston is one of the most extreme examples in Britain of a town affected by recent EU immigration.

The 2011 census found that around 13% of the town was born elsewhere in the EU - largely East European migrants who arrived after 2004.

Some of the effects of migration are only really observable when you go to places where the local economy has been so thoroughly transformed.

For example, the Boston story underlines the academic finding that there is no evidence that EU immigration is linked to higher unemployment.

Broadly, mobile people do not go where there are no good jobs. In the jargon, "displacement" is not a problem. And they will sometimes allow structural changes in the local economy that allow employment to rise. That fits the Boston story.

Unemployment in the town is well below the national average - 4.4% of economically active people, as against 5.2% nationally.
Analysis of the Impacts of Migration - Migration Advisory Committee January 2012 > https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... mpacts.pdf

geodude

Post by geodude »

[youtube][/youtube]
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

So vote remain or he's out of a job?

Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I'm voting Leave, as for the statistics showing Brits claim 90 odd percent of benefits - where's the argument? I want them to claim 100% of benefits. They can't get decent jobs when Eastern Europeans living 10 to a house drive down fair wages for all. People who come here should learn the language and customs, why should my wife wait an hour when heavily pregnant for the Polish woman in front of her to wait for an interpreter? If you can't speak the lingo, go elsewhere - or better stay at home. People living in the UK who can't speak English can fook off.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
redpig

Post by redpig »

MEP's
What a con, and that may turn out to be one less load of passengers on the gravy train eh?
ook
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Mav617 wrote:IPeople living in the UK who can't speak English can fook off.
What have you against the deaf & folk who use BSL, Makton, Welsh (and Scottish ;-)?

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Chris Dobrowolski - son of Polish soldier who fought in Italy and settled in Braintree, Essex > http://housetheatre.org.uk/wp-content/u ... -final.pdf

Where do you intend to ship them offshore to?
Last edited by Wicky on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.