what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Pete.L »

What's going on with the rear light. Is it just the angle or have you fitted a new clear lens?
The Tank protector looks different too. Kinda like your belly hasn't been pressing it into the tank as much. Is it new?
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Pumped up the tyres by 2psi front, 1psi rear?
Engine oil lowered by 4mm in the sight glass.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:09 am What's going on with the rear light. Is it just the angle or have you fitted a new clear lens?
The Tank protector looks different too. Kinda like your belly hasn't been pressing it into the tank as much. Is it new?
Rear light is the same so is the tank pad... Slightly differnt angle of the dangle... Re the belly it's more likley to be a lot closer these days...#lockdownweightgainfatbastid
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:41 am Pumped up the tyres by 2psi front, 1psi rear?
Engine oil lowered by 4mm in the sight glass.

:lol: :lol:

Your not taking this too seriously are you Tony... :crazy:

I know you blind as a bat anyway & you cant even see the sight glass in these pics... :Tongue1:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took Custard for a spin to Tescos in Gillingham...It's the closest big supermarket...honest...Ok there is an Asda on the way but I prefer Tescos...

Tank bag & rucksack, 30+ miles & £72 later...
SH 1.jpg
My Local shop for local people doesn't stock a number of the Items I purchased...

Thats my excuse & I'm sticking to it... :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

At least your teeth are sensitive, Mac.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:30 am At least your teeth are sensitive, Mac.
Fek off you gitface... You've touched a nerve there :x
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I thought your comments would be less acidic with 2 packs of Rennie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:36 pm New chain and sprockets, Oberon clutch slave cylinder and a Honda Blackbird side stand :wink: :biggrin :lol:

Chris.
Good work that man... :thumbup:
Thank you young man :thumbup:

Opps I nearly forgot :wink: new air filter and spark plugs also :lol:

Chris.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 pm Over the last few days I have been giving Red 633 some attention...

So heres a little spot the difference quiz to keep you ocupied in lock down...

Before...

After...

Frank has kindly donated a small prize as he puts it...'' For the most analy attentive nobheed out there...'' with the most correct answers...
Removed stickers from front fairing and belly... changed indicators to new shape (amber rear/clear front) Changed the bar ends.
Removed stickers from rear fairing and seat cowl and fitted v2 sticker to rear fairing... but then I gota thinking... firstly what a lovely gap you have between the cowl and fairing in the second pic.. and although it's hard to tell it kinda looks like an original v2 sticker so I might hazard a guess that you have changed that rear fairing.. and maybe the cowl as well, either that or going by the photos it at the least looks like you have added the rubber edging to the front of the cowl.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shauned71 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:57 pm
MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 pm Over the last few days I have been giving Red 633 some attention...

So heres a little spot the difference quiz to keep you ocupied in lock down...

Frank has kindly donated a small prize as he puts it...'' For the most analy attentive nobheed out there...'' with the most correct answers...
Removed stickers from front fairing and belly... changed indicators to new shape (amber rear/clear front) Changed the bar ends.
Removed stickers from rear fairing and seat cowl and fitted v2 sticker to rear fairing... but then I gota thinking... firstly what a lovely gap you have between the cowl and fairing in the second pic.. and although it's hard to tell it kinda looks like an original v2 sticker so I might hazard a guess that you have changed that rear fairing.. and maybe the cowl as well, either that or going by the photos it at the least looks like you have added the rubber edging to the front of the cowl.
Finaly someone who doesnt need to go to specsavers... :lol: :lol:

5 out of 9.

OK as I'm a pedantic so & so, I'm calling time on this & declaring Shaun of the Dud the winner...

Mainly as he has most of the changes you can see... :wink:

Full list is...

Obvious one are...

Removed the stickers. (never a fan TBH but the two brothers ones were badly faded & looked pants...)

Late style indis all round with clear lens on the fronts.

The bar ends changed but so have the cheap gash grips, used std ones that were in stock. ( difficult to see I know...)

Yes the tail fairing has been changed, so has origonal V2 stickers on, the seat hump is the same but with the old V2 sticker removed & a rubber strip added.

So thats the 5 he got minus the grips... :wink:

The less visable...Ok invisible :lol:

The front tank mount bolts were no std & the top hats were in from the top...So top hats put in correctly replacment std washers on the top & SS allen bolts used.

I'd previously mentiod back in the oil change thread that when I took the fairing off the sidelight wiring had been bodged, so rectified that & fitted a different side light unit with an LED bulb in it. Something I'd made up yonks ago, I'm talkin' Ole Red here, but never fitted as it required the std plug to be cut off & I didn't want to do that...This one already is missing the plug.

The mirrors have been changed. It was wearing a set of the aftermarket std copies, you know the ones that if you move them to adjust they go loose & fold in when you get above 50... :lol:

Alan mentioned the rear brake lever...Well its not been changed. When I was feking about with the rear light, the rear brake wasn't activating the brake light. It has a pressure switch on it & I was gonna chase the wire try testing it ect... Then I noticed that the nut was missing on the back of the lever... 8O So sorted that it raised the lever & sorted the light out...

So theres the 9 changes... I didnt include the replacment inner fairing scoops that were missing...

So congrats Shaun you have incoming PM Sir...

We can all get back to lockdown boredom now... :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Fitted a new filter

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:57 am Fitted a new filter

Air Scrubber
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Whoa! Whoever thought I could find love on a motorcycle forum!! :lol:
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

That surely is one of the better (best?) examples of how good these bikes can look. Kudos to you!