It’ll come in useful!

General Biker Banter
Kev L

It’ll come in useful!

Post by Kev L »

My better half and I went out for a little wander in the beautiful weather today. The first part of the walk means walking the edge of a large roundabout over the A10 to gain access to a little footpath into open countryside. As we walked around the edge of the roundabout I noticed these-

They were spread over about 6’. I picked them up as “they’ll come in useful”. The Mrs, used as she is to me picking up odd things (her for instance!!!shhhhh) related the tale to a couple of her mates who both now look at me with a mix of sympathy/disquiet/down right fear. They won’t let me play with their husbands anymore!
Would/do you gather detritus which may be of use later or pass it by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
neil

Re: It’ll come in useful!

Post by neil »

Yes I also gather bits if I think it will be useful. Last week dropped wife off at chiropractor and there in car park was a perfect fit rubber bung to replace one I'd lost a few weeks ago to fit one of my garden tools. Once in Yorkshire dales I found £120 scattered in short stretch of road, ice creams were on me that day. It pays to keep your eyes open.
redvtr
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yes nowt wrong with a bit of liberation of possibly usuful stuff.

I still have a container of split pins I 'found' on a farm I was working on back when i was a yoof.

:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:14 pm The Mrs, used as she is to me picking up odd things (her for instance!!!shhhhh)
:lol: :thumbup:

Over the years I have found a used oil can, it was just lying on the road, the one you pump with your thumb to get the oil to come out of the spout, it even came with some oil in it :D Another time I came across a 5m Stanley tape measure when out walking out dogs, it must have fell off a vehicle onto the road. My latest find was a big roll of black insulation tape on a pavement when I was walking to our village shop.

One thing I detest seeing on the roads or pavements is screws. I have seen more of them ever since double glazed plastic windows have been available :evil:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

hell yeah i cant leave stuff that i might use :eek2 . my main weakness is, washers. no way can i walk past a washer and not pick it up, now im not talking the odd washer :eek2 . iv lifted hundreds of the things and i even have people in work who hand me them :eek2 . known that i collect them :lol: :lol:

best recent find was a small length of waste pipe beside a building site than now houses the headlight in Dori's fairing :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yup, me too...... Although the biggest problem is I never remember that I have it when I eventually could use the thing I salvaged. :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:11 am Yup, me too...... Although the biggest problem is I never remember that I have it when I eventually could use the thing I salvaged. :lol:
I have me old cantilever tool box filled with bit n bobs of reclaimed detritus...

Every now & then when doing stuff the old noggin :idea: lights up & check the box for something that might work.

Of course this is normaly after an hour of struggling & swearing... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...