newbie with questions

General Biker Banter
d.sharples

newbie with questions

Post by d.sharples »

hi new to this site and have heard that some vtr 1000 had problems with handling can anyone tell me if its true and if so what models were they as im selling my ninja and buying a vtr and dont wanna be stuck with a bit of a dog in the twistys as i love gettin it right over :D

thanks for your help in advance
kingster

Post by kingster »

They all have poor suspension as standard.

Best thing to do is budget for a fork tune by Roger at Revolution Racing. This transforms the soggy soft front end into a sweet pair of forks that will handle pretty much anything you throw at them. Costs about £200 and it is a bargain.

Then you can raise the rear and/or drop the front (but ONLY if the forks are sorted) to make the bike turn in properly.

Next, get a proper rear shock.

Once the suspension is sorted, the storm handles perfectly for 99.9% of people out there and would only be considered below par if you were racing or were a mega-god at a trackday in my opinion.

Roger will always give free impartial advice about suspension and knows more about VTRs than ANYONE and is a really nice bloke too.

Kingster
thumper

Post by thumper »

hello there

there is a big issue with the handling on the yellow ones , go for the red and everything will be fine :wink:
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
d.sharples

Post by d.sharples »

my ninja is an old f2 but it handles like a b1h

where is roger based as think i deffo will be changing the setup of suspension ive been thinkin of gettin some ohlins internals for front and poss a wp rear shocker

as im a bit of a god on the tracks i may paint it green an then it will be the fastest
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

:lol: Yes mate there is handling problem with yellow vtr,s as thumper has rightly pointed out,only the elite riding gods can handle them,they are so
fecken awsome 8) 8)
Wow! bet that can shift
kingster

Post by kingster »

d.sharples wrote:... think i deffo will be changing the setup of suspension ive been thinkin of gettin some ohlins internals for front and poss a wp rear shocker
Don't do anything without talking to Roger first - you might waste money as new internals are not enough. Roger does other mods to the forks and sets them up for your own weight and style of riding. He will happily talk to you and explain what's best.