Stubborn Link pipe

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sproutout

Stubborn Link pipe

Post by sproutout »

Nice morning so I though - I know I'll put the Microns on I bought last month then go for a spin.
Well just spent 5hrs trying to get the damn left intermediate pipe onto the header pipe, even cut a 2nd slot in it to allow it to expand more and still no joy, it will not slip over the header.. anyone else had this happen - any suggestions welcomed - what do you recon to heating it up? will it expand enough? :?
Too much ambition results in promotion to a job you cant do!!!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Had this with loads of em, pain in d ass (as you probably well know), the only cure is to rub the header down and do the same with the inside of the link pipe. Try opening the end up a bit more on the link pipe too. You could heat up the link pipe, but, you'll never get it off later. If it's real bad then send em back or somit before you knacker ya headers.

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Mine went straight on..............no probs.........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Now Thats just showing off. 8O
Give the man some sympathy. He probably doesn't want to hear that!
Or that I just fitted a new system on mine and it was a piece of cake.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete.l
nobbyk

Zorst

Post by nobbyk »

My Remus high levels were a piece o piss too!

snigger

Nob
Remember, never put off till t'moz what you can do today. If you do it today, you can do it again t'moz!! Just a thought!
sproutout

Post by sproutout »

Thanks for the sympathy - the right side went on in 5 mins - lulled me into a false sense of security didnt it

Thanks for the advice Del at least someone understands (cant send it back its an ebay special) - tried heating it up - it slipped on - cooled down in 2 seconds flat and ended up stuck solid pointing at the floor - lots of swear words later reheated it whilst setting fire to the other halfs oven gloves (used to protect the tyre and belly pan from the blow torch) and its off again - Its now down at the local engineer firm who will sort out the sizing for a £5- should have done that at the start.. git - its raining and dark now too :(
Too much ambition results in promotion to a job you cant do!!!