history of the middle finger!!!

Got any jokes? Add your favourite ones here, for all to share :)
VeetyR

history of the middle finger!!!

Post by VeetyR »

:D :lol: :D
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

That makes me kinda mad.

Its another "Americans ripping off British stuff" thing.

Thats the history of sticking the V's up (also in recognition of Henry V)

As Americans would be too dumb to get it otherwise, they've b8stard it into this.

The "pluck yew" is total baldrocks too. wombles is a version of an old common European word found in many languages (fick, fokken, fukka, focka) all having sexual connotations.

Nicking bits of history and changing them... grrr.

Almost makes me as mad as U571 where the Americans nick an enigma machine without single mention that this occured before the USA joined up late for the war and was performed by the Royal Navy.

Don't get me started on the whole Fundamentalist Christians thing or the whole War for Peace crap.

:x :x :x :x :x

(apologies... went off on one a bit there, back on the pills)
(sorry Vee, just winds me up that does :oops: )
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Now calm down Kitch or we will have to take you down the vets for the calm down op :!:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

storminateacup wrote:Now calm down Kitch or we will have to take you down the vets for the calm down op :!:
8O
Max

Post by Max »

Remember Kitch with only about 200 yrs of their own history they have to be seen to be part of everything to justify their existance.
Max

yanto

Post by yanto »

kitch you beet me to it
bloody yanks
:evil:
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Well done Kitch - git yer 'mad up' matey :evil: .

Bloody Yanks! :evil: :evil:

BTW if I remember rightly, in the end titles of U571 isn't there a tiny bit of text that states that actually it was we Brits that captured the Enigma machine? :?

Probably in very small font and only 2 frames long so one has to pause the DVD / Vid to see it LOL! :roll:

It's bad enough they ruin the English language because they're too thick to spell! Obviously no teachers on the bloody Mayflower!

It's creeping in over here too - kids being taught to spell words how they sound!!!!!!

Even bloody teachers can't spell!!!! The tales wor lass tells me re what teachers write on boards, in kids books on displays etc - it's criminal!

What hope have the kids got when their teachers don't know any different?
No No No No No No NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Words are spelt how they're spelt! Not how they sound.

That bi'atch Thatcher has a great deal to answer for! As the 80's was the start of the rot - IMO

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

RedStormV wrote:It's bad enough they ruin the English language because they're too thick to spell! Obviously no teachers on the bloody Mayflower!

It's creeping in over here too - kids being taught to spell words how they sound!!!!!!

Even bloody teachers can't spell!!!! The tales wor lass tells me re what teachers write on boards, in kids books on displays etc - it's criminal!

What hope have the kids got when their teachers don't know any different?
No No No No No No NO!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel your pain, probably moreso, over here in Oz. I have been told we don't speak "English" here, but "Australian", whatever the hell that is. I have a pair of teacher friends (a married couple) who deliberately taught their daughters to say "haitch" (instead of "aitch") to bug me. When I dutifully berated them, I was told "it doesn't matter as long as they get their point across".

Devastating.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Kitch wrote: The "pluck yew" is total baldrocks too. f*ck is a version of an old common European word found in many languages (fick, fokken, fukka, focka) all having sexual connotations.
If I remember isnt that an abbreviation of Fornication Under the Consent of the King...Going back to the king having the power to take a brides 'cherry' prior to the husband if he so wishes...

Or have I got it completely wrong and that in itself is a 'Hollywood-Ism' ?
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Yep, not a holywoodism, but local myth.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
yanto

Post by yanto »

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Another Agincourt trivia was that English longbowmen supposedly fought naked from the waist down.

This was because dysentry had badly affected Henry's camp and as the archers were relatively static, were able to fight on with greater unit strength employing some of the least sick to fight on, just going where they stood.

As for "V" although the cutting fingers off archers thing is erroneous, it was an insulting gesture before then. Likely used by many as a taunt and its very probable that the English and Welsh army (and later people everywhere) siezed upon it for its coincidental mirroring of an archers drawing hand (which decimated the French army) and the roman numeral V in salute of Henry, a quite popular chap among the army.

Its origin before that is guesswork at best as no primary evidence nails it down. Its probably like a football chant in that somebody starts it, others catch on and eventually it becomes widely known. Other cultures have their own version, like the Italian fingers / chin thing or (Shakespeare again) biting your thumb etc. Obviously, you can't use the same gesture as those foreign dogs, so differnt ones popped up.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

Kitch wrote:
Almost makes me as mad as U571 where the Americans nick an enigma machine without single mention that this occured before the USA joined up late for the war and was performed by the Royal navy
time for my anorak me thinks well the enigma machine was captured by HMS BULLDOG from U110 in early 1941 but the good old americans did capture the short cypher enigma machine in 1944

and before you go patting yourselfs on the back for yank slappin again well my wife is a texan and i have not met an such nice bunch of people in the world well for starters the alamo yeah we all know they lost that one but how many of you know that sam housten beat santa anna's army in 18 mins (dont piss of a texan) nice butt whoopin yeah so what they b8stard english so what how many of you have actuly spent time off the tourist trail and met real americans ? and not gone to ''FLORIDA'' try real america and you would be surpised you might even enjoy there company i had a real eye opener when i stayed at my now wifes for 3 months have a look at the pictures i put up of the place iam moving to i would like to say your welcome over but i think it wouldnt take long for you to be tar'd n feather'd and dumped at the county line

http://www.vtr1000.org/cpg/displayimage ... t=-9&pos=0[/url]
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Dunno I'd want to meet people prepared to tar and feather you for voicing an opinion that stuff they do is annoying. :lol:

There are plenty of nice Americans (I even know a fair number of them)

Texans have the best accents.

I'm not anti American per se, but the "we haven't really got any history, and we don't like that bit cos we aren't in it, so we'll make it up" stuff gets me mad.

Theres many things I dont like about the US of A and making horrendously crap movies that just plain make up stuff and present it as psuedo historical fact in a typically jingoistic manner is one of them.

Its actually the same reason I cant stand "Battle Of Britain" - English

Or "Battleship Potempkin" - Russian

I'm suprised the decent American folks havent staged a coup and deposed the idiots, bigots and nutters that give the rest of them such a bad rep.
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

Kitch wrote: I'm suprised the decent American folks havent staged a coup and deposed the idiots, bigots and nutters that give the rest of them such a bad rep.
well thats a good idea lol

one of my workmates came out with the best i have heard yet, they think 200 years is a long time and we think 200 miles is a long way :D

well once you have left the north ie got your ass south of the texas state border ie out of arkanas 8O things get better i have been through chicago o hare quite o few times and what i have seen of the peeps up the its not such a nice place but hell someone has to live there, texas is a really nice place they even have a great sign on the texas state border it say ''welcome to texas the friendly state drive like the texans the friendly way''

well they are friendly and they are for the most part a nice bunch of people the most common phrase i hear is ''your not from round here are ya'' :? how long did take'm to work that one out, :?
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!