speedgun / gatso

General Bike chat
Dean O

speedgun / gatso

Post by Dean O »

anyone successfully running any detector/jammer eqp't? or if you prefer, just some 'third hand hearsay' recommendations on remote garage door openers would be helpful :P
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

ta Timbo, I think I read somewhere a while back that there's some effective kit around - just can't remember what its called & if poss I'd prefer a user's opinion over manufacturer's claims before shelling out another 3 or 4 hundred quid :)
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:Have an old Snooper i use in the car but its pretty crap cos by the time it detects Gatso you are at it and for it to detect laser it has to be on you by which time it is too late. Prefer to use the Speedcam database on my TomTom.
At bike speeds on A- roads I cant see any of the available equipment being effective.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
warby221

Post by warby221 »

If you’re found with a jammer they’ll have you for perverting the course of justice :oops:
Bit more serious than speeding and can carry a jail term or hefty fine 8O
Norton500

Post by Norton500 »

I use a Snooper S5-R and a TomTom with the speed camera software. Using the Snooper does give you an idea how many of the speed cameras aren't actually loaded (around 80% in the W.Mids).

With the Snooper came a 'Blinder' laser jammer that I've never got out of the box. 20 quid if anyone's interested, and I can find it.
It's all a big joke until you have somebody's eye out...
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

does it work on its own or just in conjunction with a snooper? :?
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Dean O wrote:does it work on its own or just in conjunction with a snooper? :?
Don't do it Deano it's a much greater offence and you will get caught if you use it. Better to use mark 1 eyeball and common sense.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
solorider

Post by solorider »

another problem you can get if cought with a jammer and claim it is a "garage door opener" is the police may check to see if you have a garage with an electric door and it does work,if you dont you are in trouble,and yes it has happened,not to me though
Norton500

Post by Norton500 »

It works on it's own and has two jammers, the size of fag packets. Off the top of my head I think it's called a Blinder M10 but never used it.

When they tested them in this country (there was a suspicioion that because they were American, they wouldn't work in the UK), none of the laser guns could get a speed out of the car it was fitted to.

Anyway, as I don't do 40k miles a year any more I got bored with poking it and chucked into the garage never to be seen again.

If you really want to see it in action try this http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/blinder.htm

You could always of course, drive/ride slower...
It's all a big joke until you have somebody's eye out...
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

I'll buy it if you can find it, norton :D
pm me yer addy & I'll post a cheque for £25? to inc p & p
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

hmmm year ban & 5 grand fine? not sure I ever go fast enough to justify risking that :roll: