Memory Lane

General Biker Banter
orangestorm

Memory Lane

Post by orangestorm »

Saw this at Rivvi last week absolutley mint ....what I would ave given for a spin :lol: :lol: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/ ... 1203861766
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Brilliant. There's a Honda 6 cyl for sale on ebay for £1200. Very tempting............
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

Couldn't find that but this looks nice :lol: http://i6.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/dc/02/3b4e_1.JPG
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Always loved the CBX, prob be a let down if I ever got a shot on one.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
warby221

Re: Memory Lane

Post by warby221 »

orangestorm wrote:Saw this at Rivvi last week absolutley mint ....what I would ave given for a spin :lol: :lol: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/ ... 1203861766

Had one of those bloody evil things tried to spit you off at every opportunity?
It would run on 2 cylinders then bang in comes the middle cylinder and catch you unawares going round a corner
it had if I remember a set of allseeds and Stan Stevens tuned barrels and a few other mods got it of a m8 bas***he bloody new use to call it christen mind you it did teach you to sort out a bike when it all went pear shaped in a corner
So sorry no rose tinted glasses for that one
Beamish

Re: Memory Lane

Post by Beamish »

warby221 wrote:
orangestorm wrote:Saw this at Rivvi last week absolutley mint ....what I would ave given for a spin :lol: :lol: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/ ... 1203861766

Had one of those bloody evil things tried to spit you off at every opportunity?
It would run on 2 cylinders then bang in comes the middle cylinder and catch you unawares going round a corner
it had if I remember a set of allseeds and Stan Stevens tuned barrels and a few other mods got it of a m8 bas***he bloody new use to call it christen mind you it did teach you to sort out a bike when it all went pear shaped in a corner
So sorry no rose tinted glasses for that one
Allseeds! :lol: :lol: sounds like you needed plenty of seeds just to ride the thing :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Always wanted a 'Widowmaker' big Kwacker triple twostroke but they did say the frame hinged in the middle and was kept together with an elastic band!!!!!!! 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

YEP that was about correct but it looks ,sounds&smells great GIMME :lol: :lol:
solorider

Post by solorider »

i have a time warp in my kitchen,a 1975 rd200 with 2700 miles on it from new,if you want to go back to the 70s the bike is for sale if anyone is interested,oh and it still has its original tyres 8O
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Nearly bought a 1979 DT 250 today, for knocking about the green lanes and winter riding but after spending months trying to reduce the credit card bill my missus would have left me. :cry: Great little toy, could have thrown it to the floor and apart from the indicators there is nothing to break! No expensive plastics anywhere.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Should have bought the bike Beamish and that'd have removed probably the 'item' that is most expensive on that credit card;..................the wife!!!!!!! 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Should have bought the bike Beamish and that'd have removed probably the 'item' that is most expensive on that credit card;..................the wife!!!!!!! 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol: you are not wrong.