donnington gp

General Biker Banter
tosh23

donnington gp

Post by tosh23 »

I'm going to the GP to see JT and was wondering where to stand for the best action . Having never been before I don't know where to start.
Thanks Tosh.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Its a v busy day as you can imagine! Best bet to see a good stretch of the action is to plonk yourself on the inner bank just after Craner Curves. By all means have a walk round, watch a start off the grid etc but Craner is best in my opinion.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

What Beamish said .Its gonna be busy with JT doin' his bit.Guess the infield is probably the best bet.Prey for dry weather cos you'll struggle to see anything through the brollies if not :lol: :lol:
Enjoy it ,i'll be watching on the tele 8O
Cheers
Steve
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I'll be there too :D

Got my weekend tickets today. Prolly sit where beamish and steve have mentioned.

Been twice already and providing the weather holds out (fingers crossed...) its a good weekend.
Dazjm

Post by Dazjm »

Ive been to 1 race. Last years BSB in Croft i think it was, one of me mates cousin is Steve Allan (has won Macau), he was riding a Yam in the Superstock. He got use in VIP style, through the Yam garage, and right next to the Superbikes as they were poised on the grid. What an immense noise!

Waited all day to see Steve racin, me, my mate and Steves girl. We were sat at like 4 turns from the grid, so didnt see the start, and didnt see Steve!
Turns out on turn 2, the back end slid away, and the bike flipped him over the top :cry: Was quite a sore one.

Sry slight off topic a bit, but was tryin to say, i loved every minute of the racin, the atmosphere, the bikes, the noise.. so im sure you'll enjoy the GP, wherever u end up :P
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Craner curves a good place to watch the action as has been said.

Take plenty wonga though, cos if you want to get onto the infield it'll cost you extra to go over the Dunlop bridge - that way though you can get to different good viewing points much easier.

That's reminded me to ask my mate if he has any spare trade tickets - bloody hope so gets pit lane passes et al! :D

If not then I think it'll be a 4 pack of wife beater each, me, the wife and the telly for the afternoon :(

I'll bell him AM.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Make sure your coolant is topped up when leaving ;-)

Been once and after the fun of parking, put all my leathers in portable luggage to lug around , once I'd changed into shorts - Found a spot near the reserved locked up and feted Ducati supporters mob. Not as 3 dimensional a track as Brands so difficult to find suitable high ground with copious viewing.

Can't remember if there was anywhere like at Brands where they have a mega screen so you can catch the action elsewhere on the track.

Hopefully they've improved the event since MCN publicised the inherent chaos, but I'll be watching it on the gogglebox if I'm not playing crucket.

Good luck!
pariah

Post by pariah »

yeah was gonna go to that, got offered special weekend tickets by bennets, 3 days for the price of one . 23 squid instead of the norm 70ish
Shame me dad was ill and in hossi so couldnt go, mind you watching it on tv I,m pleased i didnt as the weather was terrible.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Well thats one thats not going to be there...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... efault.stm

Anyone think Lorenzo will make it after his recent run... :roll:
tosh23

Post by tosh23 »

Can anyone tell me how much the toll is for the dunlop bridge to get into the infield please ? thanks...
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I had thought about going, but last time I did it was cold and miserable and being of normal stature couldn't see a vast amount. Also, it was bloody chaos getting out, so I will watch the days events from my chair with a bottle of red and some roast beef & yorkshire pud I think!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

Went last year & parked behind Redgate.You get to the infield through the underpass under the track.Didn't pay anything extra to go through.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I'll be there. Probably at Cramer. Unless its sunny (unlikely by the look of things) I'll go in the waterproof gear, with a change into shorts and trainers if it gets hot.

Even made a carrier for the back of the SP, specially for the occasion!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Just watched the qualifying, then the weather forecast and now it looks warm & dry, so thought I might go.

Wne on Donington site - £65 for a day ticket :evil: you must be joking. Back to plan A with the roast beef!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!