Trackday noise test

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
yorkylancs

Trackday noise test

Post by yorkylancs »

HI does anybody know what the noise level is on a set of standard cans,i am wanting to do a trackday at cadwell,but my cans sound a bit loud,i must confess i did one of them 8 hole bafflectomys on them,its not a problem as i will knock up some discs to cover them,was just wondering if anybody has been noise tested at cadwell,and if the cans came below the 105Db limit,i know at oulton they check you at 3/4 throttle,and 50cm away from cans,is it the same at cadwell?Have some race cans fitted at the mo and they read 125Db,whats chances of baffling them down,would i be able to lose 20Db.If not will put standards on.Thanks. Yorky.. :D
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Hi

I would be VERY suprised if your cans are over the 105db noise limit.

They test you at 5,000 rpm with the noise meter... my old Termignoni race cans only put out 98-99db last noise test at brands!

If you are in any doubt, phone up the folk at Cadwell park & you can probably arrange a noise test for free prior to the track day.

cheers
John
gilson

Post by gilson »

105db's is really quite loud, it should be no problem for your bafflectomy. As the previous post says, race cans normally are under this.

Make sure your bike is fully warmed up before doing the test.... should be no issue - good luck
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Cheers,will check them again i think,125db cant be right,a lad at work said his mate used to grass track,and his wernt that loud,mine are 2in diameter wrapped in rock wool.Just want to be sure before i turn up.By the way most newer gixxers K7 and the like are to noisey apparently and they are on standard cans! :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mmmmm- straight through Carbon Can Co zorsts.

My wife hears me coming (no, on the bike) from far enough away to have the coffee made before I'm off the bike and in the house.

If you can't pass the test for a track day try a drag strip- they don't seem to care what you run.

I'll be at the Bulldog Bash in August 7-11- £20 or so for two and a half days on the strip and run as often as you like.

11.6, 122mph terminal last year

Entry tickets are now £55 on top. Well recommended!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Sounds good,but fancy a few corners as well.Plus got some peer pressure to do it,always fancied oulton,and its not to far if i stack it.Mates have have already ordered the big shovel,for when it happens.Them carbon company cans come from Fleetwood yeah?Was up at raceways the other week,used to live round there,was talkin to a chap about trackdays and the like,he said i would probably make a good mobile chicane,for the fast lads!Good set up there,dyno etc,and they run hudson kennaugh in brit supersports...impressive stand up wheelies coming out of knickerbrook.cheers .yorky.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Always fancied a track day, used to marshall at Brands so I know my way around tere, at least.

But I use the bike for my day-to-day transport, not just commute but for business as well, so if I stack it I'm stuffed.

Advatage with the drag strip is the front end isn't like to tuck on you!

Still, thinking about it this might be a good reason to get another bike on the road....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.