General Biker Banter
patty

Post by patty »

how many times did you have to fill the tank then mike??? :lol:

or is it actully better than the storm??

pat.
yellow all the way...
who needs 4 cylinders when 2 are this good!!

storm no more...rsv power now.
(along with 85cc of honda finest)
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

well if you fancy a shorter midweek run out (at a more leisurely pace :P ) gis a shout Mike :wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

FirestormMike wrote:3 times. It was half full when I set off. Did an opportunist fill (still had loads in) at Bolton cos Morrisons were selling at £1.11
Tank was never anywhere near the reserve light cos each time I only got £10 or thereabouts in.
Sounds like you're getting to know her Mike :lol: I managed to squeeze £17 into mine the other day and the light had only just flashed on. I've seen anything from 90 to 148 out of a tank full.
Have fun
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
andy c

Post by andy c »

Sounds no different to a storm !!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Ah,

but you did have the fun of doing the conversion, what's more someone else will now have the pleasure of riding a one off!

Mozza?

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

andy c wrote:Sounds no different to a storm !!
You're right Andy, as far as fuel goes nearly everything else is totally different. Handling is pin sharp, brakes will throw you off the front, suspension is fully adjustable front and rear, it has a power-band at 7k and just tries to rev off the clock, it's mental :lol:
Not got the character of a Storm I hear you say? I'd have to agree. It's got one entirely of it own :wink:

Pete.l
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Mike,

That sitting up issue is a geometry thing
I spent ages trying to stop the Storm doing it with no success
Then I fitted the Blade front end and the problem disappeared immediately :lol:

Try dropping the forks through the yolks a few mm at a time
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

I'll have to check. Iv'e dropped mine through the forks either 5 or 10 mm I can't remember which off the top of my head. Any who, it doesn't sit up under braking.
Just under the clip-on mine has a metal ring incase the clip-ons should slide down the fork legs. I've lowered it down onto the ring if that's any help.

Pete.l
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Mike, get the suspension set up (Roger will do it for £20).

The SP1s are very sensitive to the clickers, and a couple of clicks either way will make a noticeable difference. Or have a go yourself (you will need a mate) details
here. You will probably not be able to get the back end right, as the SP1s were heavily oversprung (unless you are a bit heavy). Alternatively, K-Tech can revavle and re-spring the rear shock for about £200......trust me it makes a massive difference. A 7- year old bike would also benefit from fresh fork oil which will also help.

If it is sitting up on the brakes, then you can dial some of that out. Bear in mind that the front stoppers are a *lot* stronger than the 'Storms. New lines and fluid will improve them further.

Have a look here....it contains some bvasic setting for the bike (I cannot vouch for these settings as I have never used them)
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

conversely, barring adjustments leave it alone Mike & adapt yerself to IT rather than sanitising its character :wink:
can't understand why anyone would wanna spend several grand on a nice road bike then do a heath robinson on it , front end of this rear end of that etc etc - there's more than enough b'stards on the road already (oooh that's gonna rattle a cage or two :lol:)
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

FirestormMike wrote: The bike doesnt try and highside me, I can just feel it trying to sit itself up when going hot into a corner, Think I'm going to do as Ben and Pete say and maybe drop the front a tiny bit to see if that helps. I'll report back.
Lift the back end a tad (couple of mm spacers under the shock mount) first. No loss of ground clearance then. Not too much though.......a tank slapper is no fun 8O
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem