what do Ducati 1098 sound like ???

General Bike chat
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

JohnD wrote:Tried a 1098S at Brands the other week... it was incredible! When I got off it after my session I was speechless! Handled like a dream, incredible brakes, sounded awesome & the power throughout the rev range was astounding! It went like a rocket! A bike like that is wasted on the road tho me thinks....

Would probably never buy another Duc (I used to have an ST4), cos they are just too damn expensive to maintain. Nice if you can afford it tho...
Thats why the 848 is such an attractive buy, great road useable power, same handling and believe it or not the service intervals have doubled since the 749/999. They are still £200 pound a year more expensive than a Jap IL4 though at approx £400 for the annual service. As you can see I looked and am still looking long and hard at buying one. I thoroughly enjoyed the test ride :twisted:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Beamish wrote:
Thats why the 848 is such an attractive buy, great road useable power, same handling and believe it or not the service intervals have doubled since the 749/999. They are still £200 pound a year more expensive than a Jap IL4 though at approx £400 for the annual service. As you can see I looked and am still looking long and hard at buying one. I thoroughly enjoyed the test ride :twisted:
I tried the 848 round Brands too & whilst it was great, the handling didn't compare with the 1098S... but I hear what you're saying as per the real-world buy! The 848 has a wet clutch too, so you won't be shelling out for a new one every few thousand miles! I got through x2 clutches & clutch baskets in 8000 miles on my ST4!!! Bloomin' Ridiculous!! Also they found a bent right hand opening rocker arm @ the major 12,000 mile service - which is apparently quite common in Ducs... that sort of stuff just shouldn't happen! Then it took them x3 weeks just to source the part! 8O