Speeding Ticket

General Biker Banter
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Speeding Ticket

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Can't believe i've got a speeding ticket after 17 years clean licence so say 40 in a 30. Mobile piggy unit hiding somewhere, barstewards, they also got other riders I was with but at lower speeds even though thought we were all doing the same speed obviously the speed camera don't lie (cough BS), can't even do that aware course cus the cut off is 39mph. I remember the road being heavy with traffic and do question the 40 as we were going slow and filtering, guess piggy must have been bored and felt like upping its christmas bonus this year. Feckers not happy bunny........ Peeps passing through Bristol take it easy, as the rossers are out in force, came come and the local taxi driver said hes seen 3 other mobile units out and about. So much for them trying to catch house bugulars, rapists, car and bike theives / vandals etc.

Hope noneone on here gets any tickets eyes pealed everyone.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ahh Bugger!
Where did they knab you Nas?
I've been scooting all over and haven't seen one (or they were just too well hidden 8O )

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Was Wells road last month.
But they had them well two on Scot way yesterday, road upto Tesco carpark in the morning.

Edit:- The one Wells road must have been hidden as none of us saw it.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Have a look on here http://www.pepipoo.com/
There’s plenty of good advice on what you can do
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

if forward facing camera, this would be circumstantial and not provable, as they need photograph of number plate, been on bike and had letter through post but from forward facing so no evidence, ignored under legal advice since heard nothing in 18 months since first letter. Siting you then writing plate number down is not evidence of you speeding, as this could be any bike.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

I can't run the risk of contesting it and incuring huge losses if I loose. Will have to get my own back on them later on :twisted:
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

I past a couple of "Do Good Grannies" in flourescent jackets last night on the way home. The old dufferers were were hidden behind a wall in Winterbourne and jumped out doing their best Starsky and Hutch inpression with the speed gun and then started scribbling down numbers. It made me jump at first but I must admit I was grinning to myself as I continued along the road.

:D :D :D
Pete.l
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Shame you didn't stop off for some eggs, like that chap on youtube Neg urban burger thing, shouting egg egg each time you throw one, get points if you hit them. :twisted: :lol:

Edit was from Urban sports. Perhaps a new game egg and destroy the piggy camera.
Last edited by Seven Of Nine Firestorm on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Timbo wrote:Bip your horn, they drop dead on the spot out of fright. Or you could go back and steal all their stuff :)
PMSL
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Timbo wrote:
Pete.L wrote:I past a couple of "Do Good Grannies" in flourescent jackets last night on the way home. The old dufferers were were hidden behind a wall in Winterbourne and jumped out doing their best Starsky and Hutch inpression with the speed gun and then started scribbling down numbers. It made me jump at first but I must admit I was grinning to myself as I continued along the road.

Pete.l
Bip your horn, they drop dead on the spot out of fright. Or you could go back and steal all their stuff :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I'd better keep my Horn well out of site!
I wouldn't want them having a stroke :oops: :oops:

Pete.l
wacker

Post by wacker »

Pete.L wrote:I past a couple of "Do Good Grannies" in flourescent jackets last night on the way home. The old dufferers were were hidden behind a wall in Winterbourne and jumped out doing their best Starsky and Hutch inpression with the speed gun and then started scribbling down numbers. It made me jump at first but I must admit I was grinning to myself as I continued along the road.

Pete.l
Mate you should have stoped, and told them you were a plain clothes detective investigating complaints of pepole impersonating trafic officers in the area.
Then let them off with a warning, but conviscating the camera and flourescent jackets :)
Cheers!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Try as I might, I just can't muster any sympathy for one piddly little ticket after 17 years of fineless bliss! :P

I'll be lucky if I have one year of ticketlessness out of 17!

It may help to know that with a very carefully worded letter (along the lines of I've been good for so long, gimme another chance), I got a friend off a fine owing to a similar driving record. Might be worth a crack.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Too late i'm afraid sent everything off already.........
LOL must have just been lucky in those 17 years driving the car, and only speed ticket I got was for the bike.
Wonder if those laser jammer thingy's work.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

VTRgirl wrote:Try as I might, I just can't muster any sympathy for one piddly little ticket after 17 years of fineless bliss! :P

I'll be lucky if I have one year of ticketlessness out of 17!

It may help to know that with a very carefully worded letter (along the lines of I've been good for so long, gimme another chance), I got a friend off a fine owing to a similar driving record. Might be worth a crack.
LOL
Does this mean you are having trouble keeping under the limit during your parole or are you just showing a little more cleavage when you get stopped the next time :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete.l