my nephew Ben.

General Biker Banter
Furrybiker

Re: my nephew Ben.

Post by Furrybiker »

Not much one can say, thinking of you all, amazing that at his age he a bigger man than than most. Best of luck to him.
alec

Post by alec »

Furrybiker wrote:Not much one can say, thinking of you all, amazing that at his age he a bigger man than than most. Best of luck to him.
many thanks mate.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
rob's red storm

my nephew Ben.

Post by rob's red storm »

Bloody hell, just read the thread! I hope his recovery goes well and glad to hear he is upbeat with his mum. My best wishes go out to him and the family
alec

Post by alec »

rob's red storm wrote:Bloody hell, just read the thread! I hope his recovery goes well and glad to hear he is upbeat with his mum. My best wishes go out to him and the family
cheers mate.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I can only repeat whats been said already. So give him my regards and hopefully a full recovery. :thumbup:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Alec,
only just seen this, please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ben.

It must be a terrible strain for his Mum & Dad, so pass on a collective HUG from all of us here. I'm sure that he's in very capable hands up in Chelmsford.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
gilson

my nephew Ben.

Post by gilson »

Poor chap. I could imagine what they are all going through.

Good luck and my thoughts are with them
No bike (yet).
alec

Post by alec »

Hi all, just a quick update, Ben had a bad night last night and ripped all his tubes and stuff out tried to rip his bandages off and wouldn't do a thing he was asked or told, said he'd had enough, but today my sister rang me and said he had totally turne around and was smiling and laughing with people. have told them about all the best wishes sent by you guys and girls and they say a big thanks to you all.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

must be awful m8 & youve no idea what that kind of sh1t can do to your mind.
hope he gets better soon and isnt too badly fkt up mentally
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
alec

Post by alec »

benny hedges wrote:must be awful m8 & youve no idea what that kind of sh1t can do to your mind.
hope he gets better soon and isnt too badly fkt up mentally
cheers Benny, think he's just going stir crazy mate, he's an outside fan so being stuck in a 12 x12 box must be doing his head in.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm really sorry to hear of this Alec. They very best of wishes to Ben in his recovery,

Chris.
alec

Post by alec »

Hi guys and girls,

Ben took 17 steps yesterday and they have moved him from ITU to a sideroom just off the childrens ward, he has also had the bandages removed from his chin and neck areas and they are happy with the healing process, i phoned him today and he was a bit upset as they are making him do school work as of monday lol, the hospital have a teacher in 4 days a week for the long term kids which i think is bloody great. he is still waiting for the proper skin grafts on the lower parts of his body but he is looking up apparently,
also he has told a hospital social worker that the other boy deliberately threw petrol over him and threw a lit bit of wood at him, the police have spoken to my sister about this and will be interviewing ben tomorrow with my sister and the social worker present, the other boy is only 12 as well not 15 as i 1st thought but is well known to the police for arson attacks on his estate, needless to say there are a few very angry people on my sisters road who want this boy 'SORTED' as they put it.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Think I speak for all of us here when I say well done for the steps and I'm glad he's doing well. and hopefully he'll go from strength to strength. Great news that he's staying upbeat after the downer the other day.

Hopefully you'll all get the justice you deserve for the terrible thing thats happened.

Needless to say you've got us all glued to this thread for updates so keep them coming and if theres anything we can do to help I'm sure we will try our best for you and the family.

Pinky
xx
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
alec

Post by alec »

thanks Pinky,
i'm making sure that Ben will get to see all these well wishes mate,
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That is great news Alec, I had been wondering how the poor lad was coping.
It must also be a good sign (although Ben doesn't think so by the sounds of it :wink: ) that they think he is up to doing school work.

Best wishes to him in his recovery,

Chris.