Failure 2 provide speciment with no reasonable excuse !!

General Biker Banter
CB_Phil

Re: Failure 2 provide speciment with no reasonable excuse !!

Post by CB_Phil »

Nice one :thumbup:
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

seb421 wrote:Well done with that one.

Personally I think D/D is ferking mental and people caught or refusing to give samples or fleeing the scene of an accident should face mandatory jail time

These people that commit the offence of Driving under the influence are out and out idiots, its 2012 not the 90's they know the risks and everybody is well educated as to the effects of alcohol / drugs on the body even a small amount slows reaction times so they fully know they are putting other road users lives at risk when they get behind the wheel / bars

At work their is four recreational drug users that often drive to and from work whilst high, I've tried to explain to them how would it make them feel about driving under the influence / change their attitude towards it if a driver on drugs crashed into your mother and killed her and an investigation found that had this person not been high on illegal substance then they could have easily avoided the collision

They just don't ferking care!! tempted at times to ring the police as it pisses me off that much, but snitches get stitches and all that!
I agree, totally, dont be a snitch tho, just punch them and stab their joints out in their face :mrgreen:

Years ago when I was in school I had to go and do voluntary work in another school, I can't remember exactly why but me and this girl went and done it, anyway I ended up helping this kid learn to read, he was a good kid.

I learned later on someone knocked him over at a crossing and left him to die, he died later in hospital.

So I agree with you.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Glad you got off OK, but a word or two of warning. The police HATE being seen as having got it wrong. Example. A few years back a friend was pulled up for speeding on his GSXR. He wouldn't have been in that area as it was a well known 'stop' place. He got his NIP & to cut a long story short he elected to go to court and did a lot of research regarding sings, road markings etc. He won his case by proving the constable had misfiled his report with inaccuracies, and all was dismissed................... or so he thought.
Police cars would suddenly follow him out of nowhere; even when he was in his car. The attention was unnerving he said (as I'm sure it was meant to be!). Enough to turn you paranoid. Late nights, early mornings he might get a tail for a couple of miles a couple of times a week. Sometimes he was stopped for a quick vehicle check along with documents etc. Anyway, after 6 months they managed to 'do him' on a minor car infringement (rear light not functioning I think it was).
They have long memories and don't like being made to look stupid................... go careful eh?
This happens with me after the courts dismissed the speeding case against the me, I was followed for months every night until I blew my top, blocked the road and made the guy pull over told him I was piss sick of being followed every night every day took his details and the after that I was not tailed for ages!
Strange ey.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

Yea was my thoughts exactly like that they wud have a grudge against me , i know im gonna have to be extra careful when im bak on the road .. alough my bike after ive rebuilt it etc is not going to look the same as it was before so im hoping that until they actually pull me they wnt actually know its me riding rnd lol
:D :D
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

scottyhatchi wrote:Yea was my thoughts exactly like that they wud have a grudge against me , i know im gonna have to be extra careful when im bak on the road .. alough my bike after ive rebuilt it etc is not going to look the same as it was before so im hoping that until they actually pull me they wnt actually know its me riding rnd lol
:D :D
Is it a different number plate?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Is it a different number plate?
Exactly :thumbup:

If you go making the appearance of the bike different. For example colour, make sure you inform DVLA otherwise they will have you for that. And any mods, make sure you inform your insurance. ANPR is all the fookers need.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

+1

I once went out with the traffic police for a couple of shifts while I was at work, and bloody hell the guys who I went out with we're VERY sharp on number plates! I couldn't keep up! We literally saw a plate for a second or so and when he did a vehicle check a minute or two later he just reeled it straight off, it was quite impressive tbh. :(
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep, it's not like the good old days. Now everything is computerised and all the systems link to each other, they have all the details on tap. These days we would be better off if we were immigrants, as they have less data on you. The art of surveillance is a different ball game now. The negative side to all this lovely technology. :roll:

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

was in court today for failing to disclose who was driving on a speeding offence - this is classed as perjury and carries a mandatory 6 points and up to £1000 fine...

and a speeding - 63 thru a variable on the motorway.
both were in my works van with my previous employer in june last year and it's taken til now to get to court.

i swore it wasnt me driving as i was elsewhere that day but the law says i had to provide names and addresses of anyone else who couldve been driving at the time, and proving i wasnt there at the time is not a defence in court, even if i had signed jobsheets or a stamp on my passport, letter from the queen etc, doesnt matter.

as this was with my previous employer, i told them that despite several requests, they would not give me the information i had asked for due to the data protection act and also because i now work for a competitor, so there is a bit of contempt from them about disclosing the info.

they had a think about it then dropped the charges against me. no court costs either :)

originally they told me i would be getting banned today on totting up unless i had exceptional circumstances why i should keep my licence.
i explained i drive for a living etc and thought i only had 3 points.... they said that for the purpose of the court, points ar still valid for 4 years, to the date of the offence, not the date of the court hearing.
(worth remembering)

quite a result imo :thumbup:

had another speeding dismissed as it was reported by a community officer who apparently had no formal training in use of a prolaser3 hand held speed camera - thank crouton cos it was big numbers lol :thumbup:

took the advice of a solicitor who wanted £840 to appear for the day - and again if it was adjourned.
i had instructed them to defend me but changed my mind at the last minute as i realised that if i did end up with a ban i woud be left with a £800-1600 legal bill, £1000 fine and no job so no means to repay it....
so i just turned up in my work clothes and was as honest and respectful as possible with the mags...

that's twice now ive defended myself and walked away with a better result than i expected - and saved a ridiculous legal bill.

have to be a good boy now lol.... also got a speed awareness course in 2 weeks! :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:was in court today for failing to disclose who was driving on a speeding offence - this is classed as perjury and carries a mandatory 6 points and up to £1000 fine...

and a speeding - 63 thru a variable on the motorway.
both were in my works van with my previous employer in june last year and it's taken til now to get to court.

i swore it wasnt me driving as i was elsewhere that day but the law says i had to provide names and addresses of anyone else who couldve been driving at the time, and proving i wasnt there at the time is not a defence in court, even if i had signed jobsheets or a stamp on my passport, letter from the queen etc, doesnt matter.

as this was with my previous employer, i told them that despite several requests, they would not give me the information i had asked for due to the data protection act and also because i now work for a competitor, so there is a bit of contempt from them about disclosing the info.

they had a think about it then dropped the charges against me. no court costs either :)

originally they told me i would be getting banned today on totting up unless i had exceptional circumstances why i should keep my licence.
i explained i drive for a living etc and thought i only had 3 points.... they said that for the purpose of the court, points ar still valid for 4 years, to the date of the offence, not the date of the court hearing.
(worth remembering)

quite a result imo :thumbup:

had another speeding dismissed as it was reported by a community officer who apparently had no formal training in use of a prolaser3 hand held speed camera - thank crouton cos it was big numbers lol :thumbup:

took the advice of a solicitor who wanted £840 to appear for the day - and again if it was adjourned.
i had instructed them to defend me but changed my mind at the last minute as i realised that if i did end up with a ban i woud be left with a £800-1600 legal bill, £1000 fine and no job so no means to repay it....
so i just turned up in my work clothes and was as honest and respectful as possible with the mags...

that's twice now ive defended myself and walked away with a better result than i expected - and saved a ridiculous legal bill.

have to be a good boy now lol.... also got a speed awareness course in 2 weeks! :Beer Popcorn:

Well done on that mate! lucky boy there :) :thumbup:

It's wombles scary isn't it, more and more radar's out there all the time.

On the way to the lakes on Wednesday we passed over 10 police vehicles actively using the radar, there was more but stopped counting, we don't even live that far from it!!

First sunny day and they was all out, thank wombles i was with the g/f in the 1ltr yaris or i would have defo had a ticket, you see one or two on the way and think arghhh the wont be any more.... wombles was that day!

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That was very pleasing to read mate, wombles um :roll: all it takes is a bit of mis-information or something is not done by the book and it gets thrown out. :)

Now go get yourself a job as a mobile (on two wheels) speedy brief. :lol: :lol: SP legal advice :lol:

wombles marvellous :clap: :clap: :clap:

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh mate, money making machine,,,, thankfully i now work in wales most of the time and there arent any cameras, well hardly.

england is a joke. :thumbdown: but not a funny one.

always good to take legal advice but not at 800 for half a hr lol :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And the lack of legal aid facilities are not that good these days either :( :thumbdown: google is our only friend now. Some of those lawyers/solicitors very kindly give up thier free time to give free advice on forums and stuff. :thumbup:

800 smackers their having a laugh. Just goes to show how screwed the system is, that only the mega rich can afford to beat/not get screwed by the legal system unless your lucky. :sick:

scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Good on ya Benny, what a result mate!

Bet you had a few beers after that! :-)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

You have been pretty lucky so far benny. You are the cat with 9 lives :lol:

Trouble is you have used 6
AMcQ