Your Leathers ??

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: Your Leathers ??

Post by VTRDark »

bespoke hand made
It would have to be bespoke hand made to fit you mate. :lol:

I have a pair of Spidi leather trousers with hip and knee protection. Depending on the weather I will either wear the Spidi (matching) leather jacket zipped in which has shoulder and elbow protection with pocket for optional back armour which I don't have. Or I will (and more commonly) wear my Rukka Goretex textile jacket with shoulder and elbow protection, yet again the option of back protector but don't bother.
Under my seat rolled up, I keep a pair of Gortex over-trousers to slip over the leather trousers. For boots which is my main concern for protection because of previous ankle injury I wear a pair of Sidi B2 Gortex, not the most comfortable but good protection and waterproof. Helmet is an Arai RX7 GP and gloves are a cheap unknown branded Gortex textile type. I also keep a fold up small pack size rucksack under my seat and a small can of Muc off chain lube. I also have a fluorescent green body strap thingy majig to go over the jackets but very rarely gets used. And my old manky fluorescent ex old bill traffic cop jacket with no protection except Gortex for weather protection. As you can tell I am a big fan of Gortex. :thumbup: If I had the money I would buy a full set of Gortex leathers :roll: I shall dream on.....

That's my everyday general use stuff. There are times when I have been known to go out wearing croks :lol: shorts, t-shirt, jeans, whatever I'm wearing at the time really :lol: but this is not the norm and generally only for whipping round the shops or very short local journeys. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

As I ride to work most days on my Deauville, I use an RST suit that has proved warm and waterproof. I've a set of Frank Thomas leathers but over the last few years they've shrunk 8O I keep meaning to replace them but I'm waiting till my waist shrinks too.
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Bugger me Carl how big is your under seat storage!

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Bugger me Carl
No thanks 8O :lol:

The fold up rucksack is well handy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-Motorc ... 48467d04ca It all folds into itself and there is a zip around the outside that makes it into a compact square approx 5inch by 2inces depth. This sits at the rear on top of the toolkit. The over trousers are thin and just get folded/rolled up and sit just behind the battery and slightly over. And the Muc off spray is a small pocket size can that sits next to the toolkit in the D lock bit, held in by the elastic strap.

It's amazing how much you can get under the seat with a bit of creativity. :)

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
neil

Post by neil »

I have a set of Frank Thomas leathers, I like them but as there is only one pocket in them I tend not to bother with them for most riding. I have just started using a Hein Gericke textile suit which I won at a Bikesafe day 3 years ago. I have a pair of Duchinni leathers which seem good they were 25 pounds at BMF rally. The other three jackets I use according to weather conditions, Hein Gericke winter jacket 15 pounds BMF rally, Buffalo summer jacket 20 pounds BMF rally, Buffalo jacket 15 pounds BMF rally. 2 other pairs textile trousers 20 pounds BMF rally. I've got 5 pairs of summer and winter gloves which cost between 2 and 5 pounds from (you've guessed it) BMF rally. Got the wife's textile RST suit for 35 pounds there as well. I'm going to the next one in September don't need anything but can't resist a bargain
redvtr