educating car drivers - rant

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Sorry bluesman... all the nice aussie guys are taken. Trust me! I've been looking. Plenty of morons to choose from, though. :lol:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Hmmm, I'd take offense at that 8O but I'm taken so does that make me a nice one????? :lol:
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
bluesman

well

Post by bluesman »

I guess I am listening to old music because I am from what was Soviet Union, and there we lived in a bit of time warp - we been listening to Velvet Underground when everybody on other side listened to ABBA :)
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Mate I'd rather listen to Velvet Underground.
Me, I'm excited that Motorhead are touring down here at the end of the year :twisted:
Spice Freighter

bluesman

no way

Post by bluesman »

VTRgirl wrote:Sorry bluesman... all the nice aussie guys are taken. Trust me! I've been looking. Plenty of morons to choose from, though. :lol:
Hey, my daughter only 10 now...so another 10 years at least! Plenty of time for new batch of nice Aussies to grow up! :lol:
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Alienist wrote:Mate I'd rather listen to Velvet Underground.
Me, I'm excited that Motorhead are touring down here at the end of the year :twisted:
Well, I can proudly say that in my home town (Kiev, Ukraine) I managed to get to Deep Purple live (thou of course with new lead guitar guy....he was good BTW) and to Animals - and they were suprisingly great and well pissed :lol: when they did House of Rising Sun auditory went mental...
But Deep Purple was real fun - can you imagine, half of public typical middle-aged middle-level manager...30 minutes after throiwing their ties and folders into air, getting pissed and fighting with scene security :lol: because they still remember how it was 10 years before...
But of course most of my favourites in rock music is what got name of Russian Rock...slightly different approach from normal rock music...
If I ever will manage to go to Australia and get to pub with you guys I'll bring some records with me and try to hook you on Russian Rock too! :wink:
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Nice, I don't think Deep Purple will be touring again. I saw Kiss years ago when they toured here, but their set was pre-recorded!!! And they didn't even lip sync well. 8O So that was a drag. :?

Judas Priest are touring as well at the moment, so I'm hoping they wander down our way. As you can tell I'm an oldish metal head. 8)

I've heard a bit of Russian rock and yep it's different alright. The most I've heard is from, the Moscow Cowboys, I think I've got that right. And some rather strange metal that was cool.
Spice Freighter

bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Oh no, if you go for Russian Rock you have to hear DDT, Voskresenye, Akvarium, Black Coffee....
That band ....Two Russian Cowboys it's called I think....it does not exist in Russian Rock mausoleum :)

Lemme try to find some MP3 for you to illustrate...
Here we go - Voskresenie:
http://www.voskresenie.ru/mp3/kto_v2000.mp3
http://songs.allofmp3.com/r2/Nikol'skij ... alog.shtml

Or DDT

http://www.ddt.ru/snd/

I'll dig up some more...

Ah! Here. It is site with live concerts- just click Play it
Last edited by bluesman on Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Not bad bluesman, a little slow for me, but cool none the less, but I couldn't work out DDT's site. It appears to be in Russian!!!! 8O I'm having enough trouble working English out and it's my only language :lol: I randomly clicked on things but no MP3.

Thanks for the music :D
Spice Freighter

bluesman

Post by bluesman »

here it is - all kinds of Russian Rock classics, slow and fast :)

http://real.freelines.ru/

That;s live concerts - just click on Play it.
Try Chaif ("Чайф") etc.
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

sht....nothing seems to work...I only manage to get upluggeds....anyway - I'll get something to you....like for example Ural Biker Blues ;)
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

No worries bluesman, I'm up for listening to anything new.
Spice Freighter

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

bluesman wrote:sht....nothing seems to work...I only manage to get upluggeds....anyway - I'll get something to you....like for example Ural Biker Blues ;)
Now that's funny... Over here, 'ural' is a medicine to stop your wee stinging when you have a urinary tract infection! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

VTRgirl wrote:
bluesman wrote:sht....nothing seems to work...I only manage to get upluggeds....anyway - I'll get something to you....like for example Ural Biker Blues ;)
Now that's funny... Over here, 'ural' is a medicine to stop your wee stinging when you have a urinary tract infection! :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, OK :) BTW - it is you, guys in Australia that collect those antics called "Ural" and "Dnieper" - we was so glad to get rid of those!

Now, Ural and Dniepr is soviet opposite bike, 650-750 cc, ugly like death and reliable like weather in Brussels.
As at beginnings it was one and only 4 stroke and heavy bike available in soviet union, it automatically became weapon of choice for motorcycle entusiasts, unfortunately spoiled by images from US movies.
So, "Ural Biker Blues" is like Born to be Wild for US bikers :)
Wanna see what we made of our antique opposites? ;) Don't laugh:

Here is how it looks from factory:

and this is how it looks after typical effort

Max

Post by Max »

These Urals are they the same as Cossaks ???