Survival build

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
rob's red storm

Survival build

Post by rob's red storm »

Looking good so far! The screen doesn't look quite right though. Almost too modern looking if you catch my drift? Carry on the good work though!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
CB_Phil

Re: Survival build

Post by CB_Phil »

Cheers man, thinking the same thing alright, I have another more retro one w/a broken screen I might try or just cut this one down to suit
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Keep up the good work Phil, very interesting to see what you are doing :thumbup:

Chris.
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

So didnt like the rivets on the rear when I was finished, so drilled them out & put them smmoth side up, much better (no pics) also sorted the other side panel. Auld lad is dropping over w/the welder tomorrow, so will get some stuff sorted.

Tried the other screen on, still not sure, might just leave w/out one? Also mocked up a side panel for the rad, not sure.

Got to work on a mount for the clocks too, needs some work & some tidying, but should work

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

What you gonna do when you run out of bits of dishwasher?

Start scrapping the fridge?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

tony.mon wrote:What you gonna do when you run out of bits of dishwasher?

Start scrapping the fridge?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, the metal I used for the clock bracket is the shell off a DVD player :lol:
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

No a heap load done today, auld lad dropped the welder over & wouldnt piss off & let me work. Id do that this way, why didnt you do that! :roll:

Got the side panels welded on, no my best welding, 2 reasons, 1) He forgot to bring the mask (nice blue spot in my vision :lol: ) & 2) the meatals quite thin & hard to weld w/out burning thru', so just alot of spot weld, I mean alot!

Than just did some tidying.

Fair bit left to do & figure out, but

MONDAY I PAINT!!!!! :D
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

Day started out nicely, paint time :D

Then the time to tackle the electrics came :(

After that I started assembly, inpatient person that I am, paint was still drying :roll:

Fair bit left to do/ redo, but that can wait till Im back from work (in a few months) & yeah Im gona black out the whole frame as it looks shite as is. Fit & finish needs some work too, but its a start & she starts, so Im gona cover the seat & go for a spin tomorrow :D
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

coming along well mate but ya gotta lose them rubber gators off the forks
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

Sorry, but they stay :wink:

So got seat covered & happy as she fired right up, so off I go pull her out, gear on,better check the lights 1st, no break light! Balls, seat of check connection, ok (well will do a better solder job tomorrow) & still nowth! So rang the auld lad to tell him of the frustration & he said go for a spin anyway. So like the good little boy I am, bike out, gear on & off I go, coming to a set of lights, crap I need fuel, let the break off, wait, no I don't, break on & yes numpty connected the break light to the fuel warning light :oops:
Anyway Bike rides great, seat is a tad hard even for me, but can live w/that. Got my M-Lock unit today http://motogadget.com/electrics/rfid-ig ... hloss.html (this bike will be key free, tanktoo, soon) & got a list as long as my arms (both as I got short arms :lol: ) but she runs & Ill be putting some miles on tomorrow hopefully to see how she is & possibly add to the list.

Anyhow, heres some pics from the spin :D

toecutter

Post by toecutter »

8) really like this, dont have the heart to do it to my yellow storm though :lol:
Need to lose those shiny exhausts, short bit of heat wrapped pipe would look good :thumbup:
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

toecutter wrote:8) really like this, dont have the heart to do it to my yellow storm though :lol:
Need to lose those shiny exhausts, short bit of heat wrapped pipe would look good :thumbup:
Ive blacked out the rest of the frame, added some LED indicator strips & will be doing something w/the pipes where I get home from work in a few months. Still mulling over what to do, I do have some heat wrap put aside, so might just put some on :thumbup:
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

this is my old bike AFTER i sold it.

the money i piled in to it to have some twunt do that to it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

KarlosVTR wrote:
this is my old bike AFTER i sold it.

the money i piled in to it to have some twunt do that to it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I like her that way :thumbup: I know the CCTs failed on him & that was the end of her.

What are the 5spokers offa?
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

900rrw rear and nc30 front

i want them back. and the wavey discs, and the 900rrw calipers. AND THE REMUS GRAND PRIX CANS GOD DAMMIT :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: