Carbon Can Cut Offs Required

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Carbon Can Cut Offs Required

Post by RedStormV »

Hi,

As the post says cut offs required if anyone has any? Shortened your exhausts recently or thinking of doing? Maybe you're just a hoarder and couldn't bring yourself to throw the bits away.

Maybe you've got an old split can knocking around that's good along part of its length?

I'm thinking between maybe 4 and 12 inches? less than 4 is likely to be unusable, above 12's heading for a full can.

Not necessarily Carbon cans, in fact I'd like one or two options, so Steel, Titanium? and Carbon would be good.

Mike (FSM) binned his when he shortened his cans :(

Found this on you tube and fancy experimenting with the wifes RS125 now she's legal on the Hornet 600 as well now!

Shortest exhaust ever at Aprilia RS 125

Might be crap but don't mind a bit of tinkering :)

I don't mind covering postage costs or even collecting if nearby. Maybes even one or two beer tokens for the can if you require.

Obviously this is just experimentation, so I don't want to end up with a small fortune in bits of end can. :evil:

Cheers,

Graeme.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Try this guy, he's the bloke that made my exhausts and cut material off mine. He may have lots of cut off extras .
Email..... mailto:paul@aa16.co.uk
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Cheers matey I'll give him a go
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Better phoning him. He's a great chap but his email and internet sucks.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Kitch wrote:Better phoning him. He's a great chap but his email and internet sucks.
Yep fair one, his numbers are:
01507 480455 / 07932 751791
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Cheers guys
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

word of warning, the carbon remus cans i cut down had an internal steel body with a carbon sleeve

its been mentioned before but if you use just carbon it will blast the body apart
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I thought the whole point of carbon cans is that they don't have the weight of steel!
I use Carbon Can Co and their weave and sheet thickness seems to stand up to backfires, thrashing, everything except crashing, actually... (Sore Point. I expect it will heal!)
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

RedstormV

A word of warning........... strokers are really tricky when it comes to exhausts and inlets. :twisted:

We fitted a modified exhaust to our Yam TZR250, together with cone air filters.

It sounded great. Really ear-splitting :lol: . But when we took it to be tuned the "expert" said he could get more power with the standard exhaust and air box! We kept the setup anhyway cus we like the sound but its got a horrendous flat spot at 7000rpm, especially when its sunny.

Having said that you may be a world expert stroker tuner and know all about it. In which case ignore the above.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
TSP

Post by TSP »

What people say about carbon being brittle is very true, it can split after a few years. Something even Scorpion admit :)
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I have two carbon cans in the garage somewhere. Thet actually need cutting down as the original rivet holes have become elongated. They have no makers mark and no markings whatsoever for that matter. Changed them for Scorpion stainless ones because of the aforementioned elongated hole problem (ooer missus)

Make me an offer?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!