kelly clarkson in concert..... + nightwish!!

General Biker Banter
patty

kelly clarkson in concert..... + nightwish!!

Post by patty »

just got back from seeing her tonight in bournemouth.
im not the biggest fan in the world ,but liked her stuff enough to go and see her.
jo bought me the tickets as part of my birthday present
and all i can say is WOW that girl can sing .she belted it out ,and it sounded really good live.
had a fight with a phesent on the way down though.
took the passenger mirror clean off,and as its a pug206cc(with electric this that and the other)...i just know its gonna cost a fortune!!!! :cry:

pat

p.s got another gig on thursday night in london at the astoria.......but i dont suppose any of you will have heard of them?????nightwish.
heavy metal band from finland.
its a good job i will listen to anything from classical to heavy metal.
:lol:
Last edited by patty on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
yellow all the way...
who needs 4 cylinders when 2 are this good!!

storm no more...rsv power now.
(along with 85cc of honda finest)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I think Kelly Clarkson is good too, especially seeing her live, I bet, was brilliant :!: 8)

I'm amazed too hear you're a fan of Nightwish Patty :!: I have at this very moment in time have one of their albums in the CD player in the car. I have to admit though it's a mate of mine who's really into Nightwish, that's how I got too hear about them.

I thought that they had disbanded though, obviously not :!:

Chris.
patty

Post by patty »

gosh im not the only one whos heard of nightwish then :lol: :lol:
timbo,
kelly won american idol quite a few yrs back,she has 3 albums out,which i have,but even she is turning rocky with her new album,go onto youtube and type kelly clarkson in ,you should get something up to have a nose at
you might like ,then again you might not :lol: .

chris ,
they sacked the old singer,dont know to much about why,something to do with her and her manager wanting the band to go off in different dirrections.
but hey she has gone solo now, ...Tarja Turunen thats her name and she has a new album out called my winter storm....now that is one brill album,
sounds just like nightwish,without the rest of the band,as i do think a band is a band really without the original singer...
but going to watch nightwish like i said on thurs,with the new singer
Anette Olzon, so i will see what its like,i must say i do like the new album in which she sings ,so i will give her a good chance to impress,unlike all the other nightwish fans on places like youtube,who just keep comparring!!
2 different singers ,with 2 different styles.
pat.

p.s who else has anyone seen live????any all time gods!!!???
yellow all the way...

adfski

Post by adfski »

been sooooo long! Last "proper" gig was frank black from the pixes bout 4/5 years ago.

Did see a band called DC/AC on me b'day - 1st march. I think you can probably guess what they do!!! :roll:

What really rocks with them is they only do the Bon Scott era ac/dc stuff, which IMO is the best stuff that band ever made. The singer has the perfect voice and the geetar man becomes Angus. I don't think they play anywhere though. They just get together on the Isle of Man every few years and say that it's their last gig and absolutely kick ass.

Want want want! to see rage against the machine @ T in the park but just know what a ball ache it's going to be funding the trip!

:)
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
solorider

Post by solorider »

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

patty wrote: chris ,
they sacked the old singer,dont know to much about why,something to do with her and her manager wanting the band to go off in different dirrections.
but hey she has gone solo now, ...Tarja Turunen thats her name and she has a new album out called my winter storm....now that is one brill album,
sounds just like nightwish,without the rest of the band,as i do think a band is a band really without the original singer...
but going to watch nightwish like i said on thurs,with the new singer
Anette Olzon, so i will see what its like,i must say i do like the new album in which she sings ,so i will give her a good chance to impress,unlike all the other nightwish fans on places like youtube,who just keep comparring!!
2 different singers ,with 2 different styles.
pat.
So that's what happened to the original singer :!:
I agree, it's the lead singer that makes a band in most cases, although after saying that, there are some bands who have managed to replace the lead singer and it's worked. But imo it all depends on the type of artisit/singer we're talking about :!:

So tonight is the night you're off to see Nightwish, with the new singer Anette Olzon, let us know how it goes Solo, I hope you enjoy it :D

Chris.
patty

Post by patty »

well folks,its now 12.45am just got back from seeing nightwish at the astoria in london,
what did i think??????

brill, really good ,got bloody hot and sweaty jumping around
(not good when you weigh 17st he he)
i think the new singer anette did well, nailed all the songs on the new album,as they are hers anyway, and did well with some of the classics.

do i prefer the old singer or the new??? i think they both have differnt positive qualitys.
i would recommend going to see them if you like them.
birmingham on29/03,newcastle on30/03,glasgow on31/03,
belfast and dublin02/04+03/04...then manchester on the 4th april
in my top 5 best ever gigs!!!

pat.
yellow all the way...

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

What type of Goth is it then? And what's Kitch Goth? :lol:

It doesn't get much more "goth" than Finnish opera rock goth.

Another Finnish collective I'd say had a fair swathe of goth in them are Apocalyptica. well worth checking out.

I'm not sure about Anette over Tarja yet. Lost the grand operatic style and a bit more Lacuna Coil. Not a bad thing, but Nightwish's uniqeness was Tarja's opera.

Nope, I've decided... not a fan of Anette. She just can't match the range, tone and power that Tarja projects which for me made a lot of the songs. Anette isn't terrible (mostly), but she's not a really great singer. Anette is hotter though... It's a shame when things get to a stage when somebody has to be booted out, but credit to them for trying to salvage something.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
patty

Post by patty »

fair comments kitch,
tarja was /and is one hell of a singer,(my winter storm album...brilliant)
what happens in the future i dont know???
but if you have access to the new nightwish album??or just listen to it on you tube
thomas has wrote a song on the new album called ,
bye bye beautiful
which to me sounds as if its directed straight at tarja....if this is the case??
it sounds like they would welcome her back....then anette would be out of a job.
(i do wish i could of seen nightwish with tarja singing though,weather or not this will ever happen in the future...who knows.)

oh its so rock and roll :)

pat.
yellow all the way...

patty

Post by patty »

forgot to say Troy Donockley played with nightwish last night.

i must admit ive never heard of him ,but went onto his website ,and he is big in his line of music.pipes/flutes and stuff.

the support band were ok aswell...
PAIN

pat.
yellow all the way...

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Some fair points there guys :!:

Glad too hear you had a good night Patty :!: :D

Chris.