High Level Exhausts - Indicator repositioning?

General Bike chat
JohnD

High Level Exhausts - Indicator repositioning?

Post by JohnD »

Hi folks!

Am awaiting delivery of some Scorpion High Level cans :), & am aware that after fitting them my rear indicators will need repositioning.

So I was wondering what people on here thought was the best / easiest option.

I mean, for example, is there a tail tidy kinda thingy I can buy to avoid having to drill new holes in the fairing. Or are there any mini indicators that will fit in there with the exhausts on?

Thanks
John
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Hi John, I have Scorpion high levels on mine and I used a Pyramid undertray and just drilled holes through the sides for the short arm arrow style mini indicators I fitted. I have also got a slightly smaller number plate fitted but a standard one just fits on in between the indicators for when its MOT time.

Basically like is shown on their website picture.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

This is mine.........But if I was to do it again I would go for integral rear light then you can move the cans flush with the tail unit.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yeh Mike , thats the ticket....... JohnD do it like Firestormikes. It looks the danglies.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

I've seen these integrated tail light units on ebay for around £60... eg.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=014

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=025

Are there any other places people might recommend to get them?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Powerbronze had a sale flyer not long ago, they were about £50 for the tail light.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I hate being the old, non adventurous type but isn't the idea for these indicator devices to be seen by the average cager?
I am not sure how much style and cool look is left after you have been rear ended by the guy/gal in the car that just didn't see that you were turning right or left (just before you turn nasty!!).

The std ones may not be 'cool' but they're stayin' on my bike as I'm Mr L'Oreal......................... 'cos I'm worth it!!!!! 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

LotusSevenMan wrote:I hate being the old, non adventurous type but isn't the idea for these indicator devices to be seen by the average cager?
I am not sure how much style and cool look is left after you have been rear ended by the guy/gal in the car that just didn't see that you were turning right or left (just before you turn nasty!!).

The std ones may not be 'cool' but they're stayin' on my bike as I'm Mr L'Oreal......................... 'cos I'm worth it!!!!! 8O
That's exactly the reason why I kept with the stick type indicators and not the integrated lens, the indicators I have have halogen bulbs in them and are bloody bright :)
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

I'm with LSM and Clayderman, isn't that why we all ride around with headlights on so those blind cage driving bast##ds can see us :roll: or will the next fad be "colour matched mini headlights" :x
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.