Oooh bugger :(

General Bike chat
queensburylad

Oooh bugger :(

Post by queensburylad »

I was traveling to work yesterday morning at around 6:30am i took a slightly different route to usual as the weather was nice and i was traveling on the A629 down towards the village of denholme as id got down to the grit depot on my right the road banks right. I was following a green toyota yaris just after the bend is a left turn B6141 when all of a sudden the yaris anchors on must have missed the bloody turn im just coming off the bend seeing this i anchor on skiding to avoid the f##kin idiot. He/she makes the last minute turn i avoid the back of the car but in doing this get thrown butt over tit over the handle bars. Now i just cleared the top of the car and everything went with a big bang but did they stop did they f##k. Thats the bit thats pissed me off most is that they didnt even stop to see how i was. Luckily it was a slow accident but ive still managed to fracture some bones in my left foot and ruin my pride and joy i rode her back home and put her in my garage. I havent even told the wife or she would want me to get rid so ive just told her i dropped it in the garage and thats how i hurt my foot !!! and set off to work in the car and then called to the B.R.I later yesterday afternoon so now im walking like Quasimodo trying to get my bike back on the road just glad the damage aint that bad :cry: :cry:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Timbo wrote:take the reg and report the tw@ to the police for causing it.
Sadly, this doesn't wash. Police will say you should be able to stop in the distance you know to be clear. If the vehicle in front stops dead and you hit it - you were too close or too fast for how far ahead you could see.

I know we all ride on faith more than we'd admit and it does indeed suck royally, but I'd leave off trying to go after the driver.

Best wishes QBL and speedy fixings :)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Feck Stu

That's a sh1tter! 8O

I know that bend all too well - it's claimed many a motorist over the years, bikes and cars!

Mate's wife wrote their caravan off trying to left turn it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might be able to sort some bits out for you mate - :)

Best bring you some grapes 'n' lucozade 'n' stuff round!

On the good side though, at least you live close to the docs!!! :lol: :lol:

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

adfski

Post by adfski »

better than hitting the morons car I suppose :cry:

Good luck dude!
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Bloody hell mate thats shite luck. Green coloured vehicles are the devils work (note to Timbo 8) ) I have had two green cars one Golf 16 valver and a Mondeo, both caused me no end of pain....trust me green is the satans work.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Bad luck buddy!
Were you riding like your lower legend 'cos if you were that would explain it!!!!
Good luck with the repairs.

Beamish
You're a s*d (not meant too unkindly!!!!!).
Why?
I happen to be supersticious, well sort of. I make a point of not walking under ladders and say "hello and goodmorning" to single magpies and all that bollox.

Now I have this Kawasaki KR1 250 twin stroker.

I bought it and only realised on the day I collected it (it has been sorted and improved by me a lot since then) that it was the 30th anniversary literally to the day of me breaking my neck on a two fifty twin twostroke.
Next I find out recently that "The Number of the Beast" is not '666' as I thought but '616'.
The Number of the Beast is a concept from the Book of Revelation of the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The Number is 666 in most manuscripts of the New Testament, and in modern translations and critical editions of the Greek text. However, there is some doubt about the original reading; modern studies have shown that the earliest known manuscript of the Book of Revelation (from the 3rd century) used 616.
Yeah you guessed it, the registration plate on the Kwacker is 616 and now you saying how unlucky green is Beamish just about seals my fate eh?

:cry:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Bad luck buddy!
Were you riding like your lower legend 'cos if you were that would explain it!!!!
No, that's actual footage of Stu try to avoid the Yaris :lol: :lol: :lol:

Going to have to see this one mate ..... Gear lever (LHS) and RH mirror?

No fairing damage?

Is the gear lever the cause of your poorly foot?

As I said, can prolly sort you out with bits you need from my spares / project box.

I'll bell you tomoz and pop round if you're going to be about :?

And for LSM ...

Queue lights, queue trumpets, queue Stevie .......

Very superstitious, writing's on the wall
Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way

Love the bike :D Going to have to get me a stroker - if wor lass don't get on with the SRAD she says she wants a Prilly RS250 - Bugger that I said, we're getting one o' those anyhow, I've always wanted one and I wants to play too!

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Sorry LSM thats just the way green vehicles have treated me :lol:
Yours will be fine I am sure, anyhoo if you like Kwackers you are **cked really 8)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Have a mate who races a TZ250. Working as a roving mech for him sometimes and warming up the bike has, well, kinda got me ingesting two stroke smoke and it definitely sits in your bloodstream. Love that sound.

Rather like this............................. ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2AUvIZLtE

But this version of it makes me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvmSdAg ... re=related
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

But did you know single magpie 'bad luck' can be altered to a positive by seeing a four legged animal?

Cr*p ain't it........................ but I still do it LOL :lol:
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

A huge thankyou to the big man RedStormV for his engineering skills in sorting my gear selector pedal and for supplying me with the mirror needed to get my girl back on the road. Cheers buddy :D :D
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

No problem matey :) Just glad I could help you out.

Sorry I couldn't source the bar weight or LH Clip-on - buggered if I know where it's disappeared too - thinks me mate might have weighed it in for a bottle of hooch :evil:

I know it's not exactly RED but it's as near as I could find. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RSV - The Fourth Emergency Service (beer fuelled for greater performance) 8)

Last edited by RedStormV on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

QBL.
Great. Now change that lower 'legend' as you're tempting fate :lol: