Can I use any other plugs apart from iridium?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Ratty

Can I use any other plugs apart from iridium?

Post by Ratty »

I've been trying to find the original "dpr9evx 9" spark plugs or equivalent but found nothing at all except NGK sites saying they have ben replaced with f#cking expensive iridium.

Surely the equivalent DPR9EA-9 normal plug will work just fine?

I'm just shoving some new pluigs in as my storm has become a sod to start now it's cold, hoping new plugs will improve things a bit.

Cheers

Ratty
Razor

Post by Razor »

What about Champion RAX92YC, I think they should do the job. About £3 each + VaT

If you call 0844 800 4258 (9AM - 5PM Mon-Fri) they will be able to sort you out m8
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Ratty,

Personally I would fit the iridum s/plugs as I find they are better than the original OE fitment. If you go for the original ones for what ever reason I expect you'll end up getting the iridum ones later. I realise if things are tight you have to do what you can.

Here's where I gotr my iridium s/plugs (best price I could find:-
CLICKY

Original fitment (going by the plug number you've written above) from the same guy:-
CLICKY

Chris.
shaun1978

Post by shaun1978 »

I've been getting my plugs from http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk , seem pretty cheap.
Jonesey

plugs

Post by Jonesey »

Hi ratty, i am using dpr8 plugs at the moment, gives smoother running and better starting IMO.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Go for the DPR8
It's a hotter running plug and starts easier in the winter. It's also a must for better running through the cold season.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal