FIRST RIDE ON VTR 1000 IN 9 YEARS

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

METALDAN

FIRST RIDE ON VTR 1000 IN 9 YEARS

Post by METALDAN »

:biggrin THIS GRIN IS NOT ANY WHERE NEAR WHERE MY BOAT IS RIGHT NOW. COLLECTING MY NEW (TO ME) T REG 1999 VTR 1000 FROM OOP NORTH IN THE MORNING AND I'M SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING HEDING BACK TO SHROPS THROUGH DERBYSHIRE AND HAVING A LOOK AT THE CAT AND FIDDLE.

NEVER SEEN IT AND I'M WONDERING WHETHER ON AN UNFAMILIAR MACHINE IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH OF A RISK (OR I'M TOO SCARED OF BENDING MY NEW TOY) :?
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
staggy

Re: FIRST RIDE ON VTR 1000 IN 9 YEARS

Post by staggy »

Just take it easy chap, go steady and enjoy both your new bike and the scenery. It's not all about speed, you will get just as much fun out of riding smoothly. Take a bit of time to get used to your new mount. Enjoy.
knuckledragger

Post by knuckledragger »

I wish you all the best in your new relationship. Weather forecast is OK for tomorrow so by the time you hit the C&F you will have settled into your new ride. Just remember that slower is sometimes quicker and keep fighting the demons that tell you to wring its neck :evil: Remember you will only get about 100 miles to the tank (depending on your riding style) and you will only get about 12 - 16 miles when the little orange reserve light comes on. Enjoy the day.

Regards..........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Watch out for the boys in blue, the C+F is a busy old place.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Make the best of it while you can mate.

Won't be long before the C&F is fooked by the introduction of average speed cameras etc - if recent news and press reports are to be believed.