Beenangonnandunnit

General Biker Banter
METALDAN

Beenangonnandunnit

Post by METALDAN »

Well it's home, my first VTR in 9 years, and I couldn't be happier, forgotten what a joy they are, even after 120 mile return journey i feel fresh and for once no pain from my nadgered wrist which has more metal than Steve Austin!

Pulls like the Flying Scotsman, lovely Remus Grand Prix Carbons. All i need to do now is wire up the heated grips and replace 1 tacho lamp.

Rode the last 20 miles with no earplugs pretending I was Colin Edwards

NIRVANA
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
knuckledragger

Re: Beenangonnandunnit

Post by knuckledragger »

Nice one MD, did you do the C&F on the way home?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good one :!: :D It sounds like you enjoyed your fairly long trip bringing her home :!:

Chris.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

MD your post is making feel a bid broody (me not owning any sort of VTR at present). A few beers tonight and I'll be (secretly) trawling thro' ebay :)

Especially since the ZZR has gone and got another bloody puncture - courtesy of me carving up pieces of exhaust pipe and not cleaning up properly. And the Velo decided to shed its front light sealed beam unit and throw it down the road at 80 mph.!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

loved the trip home, not so happy with the front cylinder rattling it's bag off now. local ex honda mech has looked at it and revved it and told me what i already knew!

two new cct's and gaskets in post from david silver.

bugger it

just gotta polish it now till they arrive. so not too bad. every day i get home from work i open the bike safe and resist temptation to break it
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

METALDAN wrote:loved the trip home, not so happy with the front cylinder rattling it's bag off now. local ex honda mech has looked at it and revved it and told me what i already knew!

two new cct's and gaskets in post from david silver.

bugger it

just gotta polish it now till they arrive. so not too bad. every day i get home from work i open the bike safe and resist temptation to break it
How much are they these days chap, and are they the upgraded ones?
Ta Mark
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

About 30 quid each plus a couple of hours, hope the weather holds off because i ain't the smallest guy and i can't fit in the safe :x
ImageImage