comfy bars at last

General Bike chat
tosh23

comfy bars at last

Post by tosh23 »

Well its been a while since Ive been on here due to work , Anyhoo a few months back I purchased a set of BLACK clip on's from evil bay and a set of garmin ( i think)bar risers. I finally installed them on the vtr and over the passed month ive been riding in all conditions IE fast,slow,in a lot of traffic,and just out with the boys.All i can say is "what a HUGE difference it makes, 200 miles in one day EASY :D .Numb butt permitting but No wrist ache what so ever, not even a little discomfort they are just perfect :lol: .So if you are suffering even just a little from your wrists then get black bars and a set of risers........yahooooo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bikerpiker

Re: comfy bars at last

Post by bikerpiker »

Excellent ... :) that's the thing with making a comfort modification , your never really sure if its goin to help until you actually try it :!:

Any chance of a pic when you get time :?:

Edit- No need for pic , i realise now your talking about the later black vtr clip-ons , and the risers which fit between top-yoke and clip-on , ie the Genmar or GBmoto type risers.

Cheers anyway :)
Last edited by bikerpiker on Fri May 15, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I fitted the later clip-on handle bars to my bike (quite a few years ago now) and found they are definitely an improvement IMHO too :!: :D

Chris.
balls

Post by balls »

I have gone a different route , I was having difficulty reaching the ground and also loads of discomfort from the bars so I decided to lower the seat so now not only can
I reach the ground ok but because my body is lower less weight is resting on my wrists plus my legs and feet are in a better position for the rear brake and gear lever. I no longer feel perched on top of the bike but more wraped around the tank sort of sloted into it :D