Something you dont see everyday

General Biker Banter
queensburylad

Something you dont see everyday

Post by queensburylad »

I was over at the Sun Inn around 4 this aft, when for the first time i can recall "that hasnt involved a beautiful female :wink: " every biker was distracted from biking chat because one of these pulled up.
Mclaren slr, may i say what a bloody car it was :twisted:
Cant see a quarter of a million pound in it but yeah very nice indeed :thumbup:
tattie

Re: Something you dont see everyday

Post by tattie »

Here's me thinking we are hard done to for ocassionally having snow up here in May!!! :) You lads must be hardy going out for a run with snow like that about :wink:

Joking aside that is a fine car tho :p

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

About 14 years ago (1995) i was lucky enough to have a boss called Ben Ponn (can't remember the spelling of the surname)

Took us (my mate Mike and I) for 3 laps around Castle Coombe in his black McLaren F1.

Amazing experience but the best bit was filling up on the way home. Everyone was gawking at us and I wander in to pay and get asked " what pump mate?" and I reply, "erm... dunno, it's the McLaren." Silence apart from a few gasps!!!
I remember Top Gear borrowed it for the 1995 Birmingham (think it was) Car Show and had to replace the red speed strip along the right-hand side. £245 for the STICKER!!!! And the film-makers wanted Lara Croft (Angie Jolie) to drive it in the first film, but they couldn't get the insurance cover for a McLaren F1. Settled for a Vanquish instead!

The new one you saw is a bit of a looker though, innit!!
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

tattie wrote:Here's me thinking we are hard done to for ocassionally having snow up here in May!!! :) You lads must be hardy going out for a run with snow like that about :wink:

Joking aside that is a fine car tho :p

Cheers

A.M.
When i was looking for a pic of one on the tinternet i knew id get a bloody comment about the weather, cheers for not letting me down tattie :lol: :lol:
And the other thing about the car was that is was polished chrome. More like this one the flash git :wink:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Serious motor mate. Sun Inn eh! I love that place.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'